• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The road sweeper out in Rayleigh high street in rush hour every flippin day holding up traffic.

How about using a bit of common sense and sending it out in the evening once everybody has gone home instead of peak times of the day?😡

Visited two ex-colleagues today both of whom have cancer (and are undergoing chemo treatment).Not nice.
That’s awful, so sorry to hear that.
Hopefully your visit will have given them some comfort.

My one regret is not visiting Grandad when he was dying of lung cancer as I was quite young & scared of seeing him that way, it haunts me to this day; so good on you for having the courage to do so👍

Sending positive thoughts your way.

The road sweeper out in Rayleigh high street in rush hour every flippin day holding up traffic.

How about using a bit of common sense and sending it out in the evening once everybody has gone home instead of peak times of the day?😡
Because that would be to obvious and sensible. Same as all them other roadworks and temporary traffic signals from Rayleigh to Rochford.

Getting home from work to find this, without warning, on my lawn.

So now we have:

1. LARGE Black bin - for black bags (I use about 1 a week)
2. LARGE green bin - for garden waste (that we now pay additionally for)
3. A bin for glass
4. A green bin - for food - (with new green bags to put inside them)
5. A new LARGE blue bag - for paper and cardboard
6. A new LARGE white bag - for cans and plastic

Not everyone has a garden the size of the Tory MPs to store this imposed recycling centre!

View attachment 29538
Have three wheely bins in Rochford, a recyclables bin (paper, cardboard, glass, recyclable plastics etc) a non-recyclables bin and a garden-refuse bin into which food-waste Is also put as they compostables.
Don’t see the need for anything else.

The BBC again. Not just the refusal to call terrorists, terrorists, but they have been called out to remove a massive statue they commissioned in 1929 for the front of Broadcasting House, of Prospero and the naked boy Ariel. So far they have refused, but the pressure is mounting as the statue is being vandalised. The problem is the artist Eric Gill was one of the sickest humans ever to be alive. In his own diaries he accounts sex with children with all the graphic details. Sexually abusing his three daughters, including rape. Sex with two of his sisters, and if that's not bad enough, sex with his dog. This would all be backed up by his daughters when they were older. Apparently he seemed quite open and proud of his massive sex drive in his diaries, basically saying he was always horny and would relief himself on anything he could get his hands on. You would think here is an ideal chance to try and repair some of the damage to their appalling reputation with links to paedos, at least make a start. But no, The BBC just keep digging the hole even bigger.

The BBC again. Not just the refusal to call terrorists, terrorists, but they have been called out to remove a massive statue they commissioned in 1929 for the front of Broadcasting House, of Prospero and the naked boy Ariel. So far they have refused, but the pressure is mounting as the statue is being vandalised. The problem is the artist Eric Gill was one of the sickest humans ever to be alive. In his own diaries he accounts sex with children with all the graphic details. Sexually abusing his three daughters, including rape. Sex with two of his sisters, and if that's not bad enough, sex with his dog. This would all be backed up by his daughters when they were older. Apparently he seemed quite open and proud of his massive sex drive in his diaries, basically saying he was always horny and would relief himself on anything he could get his hands on. You would think here is an ideal chance to try and repair some of the damage to their appalling reputation with links to paedos, at least make a start. But no, The BBC just keep digging the hole even bigger.
I guess someone should ask the BBC if they play any music by Gary Glitter or the Lost Prophets. If they don't, but wont rid themselves of a statue, then they're being hypocritical.

It gets rightly vandalised for years by good people, and the BBC just keep repairing it.
GettyImages-1237702378.jpg

It gets rightly vandalised for years by good people, and the BBC just keep repairing it.
GettyImages-1237702378.jpg
It's an inert chunk of stone for goodness sake. It has no power for good or evil, it's just a piece of art. If we start destroying artefacts because of the shortcomings of the artist who created them we will soon have nothing left. On that basis, Shakespeare and Dickens were anti semites so ban their works, Wagner was a proto Nazi and Charlie Parker a junkie so bin them too. In the meantime the underlying problems will stll be there unaddressed but if vandalism makes you feel better....

It's an inert chunk of stone for goodness sake. It has no power for good or evil, it's just a piece of art. If we start destroying artefacts because of the shortcomings of the artist who created them we will soon have nothing left. On that basis, Shakespeare and Dickens were anti semites so ban their works, Wagner was a proto Nazi and Charlie Parker a junkie so bin them too. In the meantime the underlying problems will stll be there unaddressed but if vandalism makes you feel better....
You make a very good case, fair enough. In my view it represents one of the sickest child molesters and general sexual sicko's ever to walk this planet. Given all the stuff that's gone on before at the BBC, and their promise in their statement to clean things up, they have failed at the first hurdle. Here was a chance to make a statement of intent that they mean what they say. Instead, they just repaired this for 50k. Yes, it will get vandalised again, and get repaired again. Is it worth it? as this story is growing and they are putting themselves in the firing line again.

You make a very good case, fair enough. In my view it represents one of the sickest child molesters and general sexual sicko's ever to walk this planet. Given all the stuff that's gone on before at the BBC, and their promise in their statement to clean things up, they have failed at the first hurdle. Here was a chance to make a statement of intent that they mean what they say. Instead, they just repaired this for 50k. Yes, it will get vandalised again, and get repaired again. Is it worth it? as this story is growing and they are putting themselves in the firing line again.
Interesting debate. Undoubtedly Gill did immense harm to his family and his immediate circle but it's not a statue of him. That to me is the difference when it comes to the removal of statues celebrating slave traders, colonialists and the like who did immense damage to the lives of countless numbers.

Last edited:
My son has applied for a mentor position on his degree course.

Last evening he received a response from the university stating whilst he has the required experience & knowledge he will not be considered due to the fact that is not female nor of a certain ethnicity.

So much for equal opportunity in the 21st century..
I do hope your lad kicks on and gains top grading at his uni and then gets far away from the crazies that run most of these places.

My son has applied for a mentor position on his degree course.

Last evening he received a response from the university stating whilst he has the required experience & knowledge he will not be considered due to the fact that is not female nor of a certain ethnicity.

So much for equal opportunity in the 21st century..
He should throw that back at them with a claim of blatant and unwarranted discrimination.

I do hope your lad kicks on and gains top grading at his uni and then gets far away from the crazies that run most of these places.
Can't he say he's 10% navaho or something and they should check their privilege? Or claim he's non binary and call them transphobic? Seems to work these days for these nut jobs.

Remember going to see a production of The Tempest at Oxford Playhouse with WHS back in the day.A popular song from the play as sung by one of the rugby players on the coach was "Where the bee sucks there suck I". :Winking:

The hounds were having a bundle and managed to rip the door off my G Plan unit.

It's going to be a hell of a job to repair the door or replace it.

Back