• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was going to resurrect the "Who's got the heating on" thread to see who has blinked first this year but felt the recent weather didn't even warrant thinking about the heating.

It was -2 this morning so I stuck heating on, thermostat on 17 so just taking the chill off

It was -2 this morning so I stuck heating on, thermostat on 17 so just taking the chill off
I never touch our thermostat. It stays at 18.5° all year round. Yesterday was the 1st time it came on since early/mid May.

It came on again today, which isn't a surprise given it was -2° this morning. Its gone off again now though.

I never touch our thermostat. It stays at 18.5° all year round. Yesterday was the 1st time it came on since early/mid May.

It came on again today, which isn't a surprise given it was -2° this morning. Its gone off again now though.

We do the same, keep it on the same setting and if it gets cold enough it comes on. Yesterday it kicked into action to take the chill off the house.

I'm not one for sitting in a cold house having a competition to see how long we can cope without the heating on.

We do the same, keep it on the same setting and if it gets cold enough it comes on. Yesterday it kicked into action to take the chill off the house.

I'm not one for sitting in a cold house having a competition to see how long we can cope without the heating on
Thought this was an interesting artticle in today's Graniad on this paritular topic.

Delivery driver parked 5 metres up from a zebra crossing (still on the markings) getting annoyed that no-one was letting him across the road.

If he walked 5 or 6 steps to the crossing the cars would have had to have stopped. Some people really are dense.

Big £8m revamp of the Cliffs Pavilion about to begin with no changes to the auditorium. I'm presuming that means no new seating, which, if true, is an absolute disgrace. Those that frequent the Cliffs will know that the seating is bordering on appalling and you can pay an awful lot of money for a seat which is less comfortable than the average park bench.

Parked next to a Bentley Bentayga at Sainsburys at Rayleigh Weir this morning. It seems they start at £153k and go up to £215k. The cheeky sod driving it parked in a 'Mother and Child bay when she was the only occupant. I'm not sure what hacked me off, but I was, jealousy probably

View attachment 29446
That is a really ugly vehicle. My Grand Highlander is less than half the price but looks four times as good.

cgi-toyota-grand-highlander-black-edition-doesnt-need-a-capstone-to-stand-out_4.jpg

The price of Nestle Coffee Mate. Less than a year ago it was on sale in kilogram drums for £4.50. Then the 'large' size was changed from 1 kilo to 800g and the price rose to £5 and then £5.50. Recently the 800g size has been discontinued and now the largest size available is 550g, and guess what - the price for that is £4.85 at Iceland, 35p more than a 1kilo drum was less than a year ago. Nice work if you can get it!
We popped into Farm Foods on Eastern Ave today and discovered they were selling the 550g drums as 3 for £8, slight difference in price.

Getting home from work to find this, without warning, on my lawn.

So now we have:

1. LARGE Black bin - for black bags (I use about 1 a week)
2. LARGE green bin - for garden waste (that we now pay additionally for)
3. A bin for glass
4. A green bin - for food - (with new green bags to put inside them)
5. A new LARGE blue bag - for paper and cardboard
6. A new LARGE white bag - for cans and plastic

Not everyone has a garden the size of the Tory MPs to store this imposed recycling centre!

Screenshot_20231019_191354_Facebook.jpg

Back