• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A repeat moan for me on jet lag. Went to bed at 10pm. Woke up at 145 and laid there watching 2am, then 3, 4 and 5 interspersed by various schemes to get me back off to sleep. Finally gave up at 530. It's now 730 and I'm on my way into work feeling like ****.

I remember having a conversation with my flying instructor about jet lag. His understanding was that it takes approximately 1 day for every hour of difference for jet lag to sort itself out. I did it a lot quicker though, by going to the doctor and being prescribed sleeping pills.

I remember having a conversation with my flying instructor about jet lag. His understanding was that it takes approximately 1 day for every hour of difference for jet lag to sort itself out. I did it a lot quicker though, by going to the doctor and being prescribed sleeping pills.

also pre-empting it a few days before helps. so start adjusting your bedtime before you go, and when you're on the plane get straight into the new timezone.

The beauty of HK is not needing a prescription for these. I've tried all sorts of suggestions to combat this either before, during or after. I can almost guarantee whatever works one time won't work the next.

Why when you hit 40 does hair start growing in places it shouldn't!
Hair on earlobes, what's that all about?
If it's for keeping my ears warm i should have had it younger surely.
Lose hair on your head and grow on your ears!
I could just be a freak of course.
Over to the good people of SZ

I know what you mean. I'm not impressed that hair appears to growing on my back as rapidly as it is disappearing from the top of my head....

I asked my doctor why I now in my fifities have the hairy chest I longed for in my twenties. I sat forward, waiting to be educated in the role of hormones etc in later life.

He said..... "It's an Old Bloke thing."

Bianca Westwood on soccer Saturday. Every week she makes terrible mistakes isn't nice to look at, has an annoying voice and I want her off SSN.

When she does stories during the show it's fine but when put on the spot at games I would much rather listen to and see Dean Windass than her and that is really saying something.

The old hoaxes of pictures of a missing kids/dog killers etc on Facebook that are easily rumbled with a quick looksee on Snopes. Got a mate who posts them every bloody day. :nope:

Where do I start?

My son and his mission to make myself and my wife have a nervous breakdown. Why does he have to destroy everything? I go into his room and find he has bent his energy saving lightbulb (he has a mid sleeper so can reach the light) I found a chunk missing out of the plug socket! He blocked the sink at school and flooded the toilet and when asked by the teachers said it wasn't him and then admitted it to us at home. Constantly getting dragged in by the teachers being told he has been defiant or been misbehaving.

He's 5 and has been told he has autistic traits but since we moved to Oxford everything that was in place before has kind of been brushed aside and it's taken all these events for them to do something.

Take him to see the doctor and the arrogant **** of a doctor brushes us off as a waste of her time! (Anyone know how and who to complain about her too). Then go to the same doctors surgery today for the wife's midwife appointment. The appointment was at 1530 we arrived at 1520 and didn't see her till 1615 and didn't even get a ****ing apology. I'm so glad I'm not a patient at this surgery because I think it's ****ing disgusting. Again I would like to make a complaint about it but don't know who or how too.

Got all excited after finally putting my car back together, haven't started it for 2 months and get ready to start it to find the battery is dead :'(

Where do I start?

My son and his mission to make myself and my wife have a nervous breakdown. Why does he have to destroy everything? I go into his room and find he has bent his energy saving lightbulb (he has a mid sleeper so can reach the light) I found a chunk missing out of the plug socket! He blocked the sink at school and flooded the toilet and when asked by the teachers said it wasn't him and then admitted it to us at home. Constantly getting dragged in by the teachers being told he has been defiant or been misbehaving.

He's 5 and has been told he has autistic traits but since we moved to Oxford everything that was in place before has kind of been brushed aside and it's taken all these events for them to do something.

Take him to see the doctor and the arrogant **** of a doctor brushes us off as a waste of her time! (Anyone know how and who to complain about her too). Then go to the same doctors surgery today for the wife's midwife appointment. The appointment was at 1530 we arrived at 1520 and didn't see her till 1615 and didn't even get a ****ing apology. I'm so glad I'm not a patient at this surgery because I think it's ****ing disgusting. Again I would like to make a complaint about it but don't know who or how too.

Sorry to hear that mate. There must be support groups out there that can provide help? See another doctor, hopefully one who's a little bit more sympathetic - you could write a letter of complaint to the surgery about her attitude.

Unfortunately the lateness thing is unavoidable is a doctors in my experience. They book appointments to last 5 minutes but if a few run over, the knock on effect is horrendous.

Sorry to hear that mate. There must be support groups out there that can provide help? See another doctor, hopefully one who's a little bit more sympathetic - you could write a letter of complaint to the surgery about her attitude.

Unfortunately the lateness thing is unavoidable is a doctors in my experience. They book appointments to last 5 minutes but if a few run over, the knock on effect is horrendous.

Thanks mate, we have been told their is another doctor at that surgery that is the best person to deal with so will book in to see him. The school today have organised a meeting with us and the SENCO so hopefully now he will get back to having the help and support he had before.

Thanks mate, we have been told their is another doctor at that surgery that is the best person to deal with so will book in to see him. The school today have organised a meeting with us and the SENCO so hopefully now he will get back to having the help and support he had before.
Missed that all earlier Ricey, sorry. Yes, SENCo is a good place to start, but use any evidence from preschool/nursery to back things up. Ask to see another doctor, one who has experience of dealing with Autism/ADHD. He may just be testing boundaries, he may be showing jealousy, he may have a diagnosable condition. Just be prepared in any of those cases for there not to be any quick fix, just ask for the school to support you and keep you regularly informed. It's important that you are consistent in your approach to his behaviour though and if it is anything on the Autisitic spectrum then keep things short and to the point when he is misbehaving. Confrontation often makes it worse, and Autistic children just can't understand lengthy explanations/arguments. Short, simple, direct.

Last edited:
Back