• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh, and the ***** on the train again. I've taken to listening to music to drown them out, which has worked really nicely for the last few weeks. But today the guy opposite me had a mate join him. They talked so loud that the music didn't work. When they got off a guy sat down and promptly dropped his bag on my foot, and then had the temerity to have a go at me for moving my foot because he thought I'd kicked his bag!

If that wasn't enough, just as I was about to fall asleep a load of kids got on. Not only were they talking loudly, but one of them kept turning round and banging me with his rucksack.

Hardly any sleep last night because I don't feel well. That was all I needed this morning.

...and relax...

Having to reapply for my own job in another re-org, and HR have made an absolute unmitigated mess of the whole process. Way to go :thumbsup:

Been unemployed since September 2012. I have been doing an accountancy course in the mean time and passed Level 3 and I'm currently doing Level 4 at night. Now, I've been applying to accountancy jobs and finance jobs a lot and had only around 5/6 interviews in that time. You may think that I could do retail work in the mean-time? Sure, if it wasn't impossible to get into. Every retail or food based place I have applied to I have been either over-qualified (KFC, McDonald's etc) or that I don't have enough retail experience (Game, Lidl etc)

Catch 22 and it ****ing sucks. The thing that annoys me the most is that I was sent a job advert today which was to man phones and do other general admin duties for a mortgage brokering company. What it actually was is a glorified call center. The bit that grated me was that it was for 40 hours a week on £3.50 per hour. It was an apprenticeship but it still disgusted me.

Rant over.

Been unemployed since September 2012. I have been doing an accountancy course in the mean time and passed Level 3 and I'm currently doing Level 4 at night. Now, I've been applying to accountancy jobs and finance jobs a lot and had only around 5/6 interviews in that time. You may think that I could do retail work in the mean-time? Sure, if it wasn't impossible to get into. Every retail or food based place I have applied to I have been either over-qualified (KFC, McDonald's etc) or that I don't have enough retail experience (Game, Lidl etc)

Catch 22 and it ****ing sucks. The thing that annoys me the most is that I was sent a job advert today which was to man phones and do other general admin duties for a mortgage brokering company. What it actually was is a glorified call center. The bit that grated me was that it was for 40 hours a week on £3.50 per hour. It was an apprenticeship but it still disgusted me.

Rant over.
Ian Duncan Smith will tell you , you are not trying hard enough .

Trying to book a meeting room a month or so in advance is a nightmare at my office. Especially when business meeting rooms are reserved for "Christian Groups".

**** off and do your fairy tales in your own time. :angry:

Not to mention there's already bloody prayer rooms here! :angry:

** Goes off to book a room for a couple of hours to talk about evolution **

Rant over.

Not sure if it would be up your street - it's not for everyone - but would working in a betting shop appeal? And you never know - bookies tend to have large accountancy departments, could be a foot in the door once you're fully qualified.

Not sure if it would be up your street - it's not for everyone - but would working in a betting shop appeal? And you never know - bookies tend to have large accountancy departments, could be a foot in the door once you're fully qualified.

Not a bad shout. Also it's worth someone who's good with CVs and covering letters to take a look and see if there's any way to improve them. The amount of terrible CV's that I see is just horrendous, and I'm not even in recruiting/HR!

Not a bad shout. Also it's worth someone who's good with CVs and covering letters to take a look and see if there's any way to improve them. The amount of terrible CV's that I see is just horrendous, and I'm not even in recruiting/HR!

This is a good idea. I attended a CV workshop, tinkered with my CV, and boom - secured a better paid role. A good CV is vital.

Saw a video of a 'neknomination' of a guy drinking a cocktail of WD40 and bleach. What the **** is wrong with people!!!!

Saw a video of a 'neknomination' of a guy drinking a cocktail of WD40 and bleach. What the **** is wrong with people!!!!

What the hell?! Do you know this person? Unfriend urgently.

The most "intersting" I've seen was a Guiness mixed with a protein shake powder, and a raw egg. At least they are all edible thinkgs...

Rant over.

Have you tried leaving off some of your qualifications and see if that makes a difference?

Good luck and I hope something turns up soon.

Rant over.

Is that AAT qualification? I'm doing level 4 at the moment and passed 3 exams and waiting to hear back from another. I got pretty lucky with the fact my dad has his own Accounting firm and got a job. Pay isn't a lot compared to other people I was doing level 3 with, but at least I've got something on my CV. That said, I can't wait to finish level 4 and get another job!

Rant over.

Tell me about it! My son has applied for so money jobs and SEETEC are absolutely useless, I don't understand what they are supposed to be doing!

Anyway, apart from that, Kev has shingles. Would really like a bit of decent luck coming our way for once.

Back