• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You will do, your body's not used to being exposed to others germs. It's why people are being urged to have the flu jab this year. Probably worth taking some extra vitamins too.
Spot on Kay - we are having lots of people with cough, colds and sneezing at the moment and are expecting a hike in Flu cases.
I always start taking vitamins at the start of September through to Spring

Spot on Kay - we are having lots of people with cough, colds and sneezing at the moment and are expecting a hike in Flu cases.
I always start taking vitamins at the start of September through to Spring
We take extra strong Vit D from November until end of Feb. Since we started taking them 4 years ago, we've escaped unscathed every winter since. Co-incidence who knows?.
Got this winters supply from NY, 125mcg ( 5,000 IU ) strength. Pharmacist said ok for taking for 4 months, Previous years took 4,000 IU ones, from a health shop in Lewes, not getting any younger hence the stronger ones this year!.

We take extra strong Vit D from November until end of Feb. Since we started taking them 4 years ago, we've escaped unscathed every winter since. Co-incidence who knows?.
Got this winters supply from NY, 125mcg ( 5,000 IU ) strength. Pharmacist said ok for taking for 4 months, Previous years took 4,000 IU ones, from a health shop in Lewes, not getting any younger hence the stronger ones this year!.
Vitamin D is an interesting one. There used to be a page on the NHS website that said there was "some" evidence that taking vitamin D at the 1st signs of a cold would help stop it getting bad. This was (apparently) because the vitamin D attached itself to your red blood cells meaning the cold virus had less chance of doing the same.

However, a) the page also stressed that you shouldn't take it continually, and b) the page has been deleted. My assumption from this is that their "some" evidence proved to be otherwise.

I would therefore say your lack of illness is either a consequence of going out less over Covid, a co-incidence or a placebo effect. Whatever it is, carry on doing it because if you feel better then that's all that matters. (According to a Ted Talk I watched, it's also true that a placebo will still have an affect even when you know it is a placebo so don't think I have ruined anything for you!)

Yet another session of roadworks + temporary lights down Ashingdon Road advertised for 24-28th October…. 😕
Leigh is currently a nightmare. 4 way traffic lights at The Ridgeway, Leigh Rd, Leigh Broadway & bottom of Tattersall Gardens ( 2 way! ).
Then from the 24th of this month, for 4 weeks, the same at The Woodmans Rdbt in Thundersley. Happy days!.

Leigh is currently a nightmare. 4 way traffic lights at The Ridgeway, Leigh Rd, Leigh Broadway & bottom of Tattersall Gardens ( 2 way! ).
Then from the 24th of this month, for 4 weeks, the same at The Woodmans Rdbt in Thundersley. Happy days!.
And not forgetting the chaos that started around Cockoo Corner from Monday and apparently no bugger actuality doing anything. I'll also throw in the lights at the top of Crowstone Road.

And not forgetting the chaos that started around Cockoo Corner from Monday and apparently no bugger actuality doing anything. I'll also throw in the lights at the top of Crowstone Road.
You are not wrong.
Lanes are coned off in all directions going to and from Cockoo Corner, causing semi gridlock; yet only work being done is in one lane, pavement, which is west bound from r/ about to Bell traffic lights!
Surely highways or a police officer with sense will say it is unnecessary obstruction on all the other routes.
The area has long been a polluted air black spot and must be much worse for this?
IIRC none of the local councillors live in the ward they are meant to represent so they will be negligently blissfully ignoring it all.

Calling a particular company three times now to book something very standard that anyone can do yet been told the only person who can deal with it isn't in today, this is now three days in a row. Each time I get told that they'll be in tomorrow.

Back