• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I walk past A and E most days, and half patients could be sat in unit not in ambulance. Risk averse and jobs worth abound, weak management AND having seen ambulance crews smoking, playing games while being paid to do very little I have not thought the best of some.

Someone I manage, his mother-in-law died from pneumonia, after being prematurely discharged and then not being readmitted quickly enough due to a lack of beds and staff. Our NHS is on its knees and it's absolutely terrifying for any of us with frail/ill relatives or family members.
Very sad, sorry reading. And not an isolated incident I suspect. The ward wanted to discharge my mum and we all knew she wasn’t ready to go home, thankfully I started taking notes of who said what and strangely the discussion changed and she went, a few days later to a rehabilitation facility

The never ending Sadlers Farm single lane line the contractors pockets jolly.

Currently closed to westbound traffic due to a burst water main at the bottom of Romsey Road. Isn't stopping people completely ignoring "road closed" signs on that side of the road and driving on the wrong side into oncoming traffic. It is only open to eastbound traffic at the moment.

Currently closed to westbound traffic due to a burst water main at the bottom of Romsey Road. Isn't stopping people completely ignoring "road closed" signs on that side of the road and driving on the wrong side into oncoming traffic. It is only open to eastbound traffic at the moment.
Explains all the traffic this morning sigh

My Honda HRV. I've had two consecutive days of all the warning lights coming on at once and the car coming to a halt. It happened back in June and Honda ran a complete electronics check and changed the on off button, so I'm blowed if I know what's causing it now. The problem with automatics is when they don't start there is no way you can push them to a safe area. Eventually got the car to start and now back onto the driveway waiting for Honda Assist (the AA).

My Honda HRV. I've had two consecutive days of all the warning lights coming on at once and the car coming to a halt. It happened back in June and Honda ran a complete electronics check and changed the on off button, so I'm blowed if I know what's causing it now. The problem with automatics is when they don't start there is no way you can push them to a safe area. Eventually got the car to start and now back onto the driveway waiting for Honda Assist (the AA).

Can't you put it into neutral?

Can't you put it into neutral?
The hand brake permanently flashes and the car won't move even in neutral. Whatever the fault is, it clears and then the car is drivable, but what the actual intermittent fault is I don't know. I'd rather the fault went solid.

BT internet is utterly hopeless at the moment. The whole thing blew up yesterday and I’ve had no more than 2mb download for well over a week now (despite being ‘guaranteed’ 36mb). It’s back up now, just, but still at the tiny speeds it was over the past week. To say their service is **** would be to do a complete disservice to **** the world over.

BT internet is utterly hopeless at the moment. The whole thing blew up yesterday and I’ve had no more than 2mb download for well over a week now (despite being ‘guaranteed’ 36mb). It’s back up now, just, but still at the tiny speeds it was over the past week. To say their service is **** would be to do a complete disservice to **** the world over.
I had that a couple of times when it went down, it was on and off for about 5 days. I eventually changed to BT Halo and it has been fine ever since, although obviously it cost more.

The AA have been and I was introduced to a phenomenon called System 30 reset! I now know that translates to disconnecting the battery, waiting 5 minutes and then restarting the car. I hadn't realised just how much data and instructions pass through some very thin cabling to electronically tell the car what to do and disconnecting the battery gives the electrics a re-boot.. The AA man's prognosis was that the fault could re-occur or it could stay gone permanently....reassuring!

Footballers advertising gambling firms.

They have spent most of their lives being unable to gamble on football.
Indeed. And how many football clubs are sponsored by gambling companies? In my view that is completely wrong.

Back