• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did you restart the firestick? Did you restart your router? Did you update the firestick to the latest updates that just came out? Usually one of those does it. Did that for my niece. Failing that, check the Disney+ app to make sure they don't have an important update to install.
Did a firestick update only this week after a notification appeared on-screen, took just a matter of seconds to complete. Use it mainly for Disney+, UKTV Play and BT Sport

Did a firestick update only this week after a notification appeared on-screen, took just a matter of seconds to complete. Use it mainly for Disney+, UKTV Play and BT Sport
I did that for the FireStick. Issue I was having was not just limited to the Firestick, it was limited to my WiFi connection. My Samsung S21 worked fine on mobile data, but when i switched it to WiFi at home, the Choose Profile screen did not load on Disney+

Spoke with Disney+ and they asked me for my IP4 address and I think they must have done something there end that "rest" for want of a better word. It now loads, takes about 1 minute, but it does load eventually. Hopefully after several uses it will speed up again.

Trust it to go down the day before Disney released all of their new material. Thor & Thunder, Andor, Pinocchio etc

Luckily the kids can now watch all the Bluey episodes they want. (interserped by the odd Moana and Frozen film)

I'm sitting there telling my 4 and 2 year old that back in my day we only got about an hour and a half of kids tv after school and it was limited to just a couple of channels. Telling them that once it finished and Newsround kicked that signaled the end of the cartoons and was just Grange Hill and Blue Peter. They couldn't get their head around the fact that there was no Bing or Bluey in my day. And that Thomas the Tank Engine and Fireman Sam looked different to what it does today.

The other thing that speeds up an Amazon firestick or Cube is to keep emptying the cache. You probably know that already, but in case anyone doesn't. You can clean out one by one all apps. Speeds it up if slowing down, and keeps it running smoothly.
Go Settings...Applications...down to Manage Installed Applications..Select first app(Usually Alexa Shopping or Amazon Kids or Amazon Music)....Click and go down to Clear cache, and click. Tells you on the right how much cache currently....Then click back one or return....Then go down to next app. Go through all and it really adds up. I do this about once a week.

I
The other thing that speeds up an Amazon firestick or Cube is to keep emptying the cache. You probably know that already, but in case anyone doesn't. You can clean out one by one all apps. Speeds it up if slowing down, and keeps it running smoothly.
Go Settings...Applications...down to Manage Installed Applications..Select first app(Usually Alexa Shopping or Amazon Kids or Amazon Music)....Click and go down to Clear cache, and click. Tells you on the right how much cache currently....Then click back one or return....Then go down to next app. Go through all and it really adds up. I do this about once a week.
I've only recently found out how to turn it off (or at least return it to sleep). Confused me what the point of the power button was for if you can only turn it on, and not off.

If you press and hold the "Home" button for a few seconds the below menu appears. You can then select "Sleep".

Commons sense would have had it on the power button (press it once, turns it on. Press it again and it turns it off)

1662735096911.png

Got an e mail from "Amazon" stating my account had suspicious activity etc, and I needed to reset it etc and provided link.
I thought for a few seconds, and deleted it.
However it looked genuine and, for sure, many will get caught by it.
I tried to think if there was a way it could get forwarded to fraud police but I don't think they either exist or would be interested or capable of investigating and catching the thieves originating the e mail.
Or does anyone know otherwise?

Report suspected internet scams and phishing
  1. Suspicious emails. Forward the email to report@phishing.gov.uk.
  2. Text messages. Forward the text message to 7726 - it's free
More info

Report suspected internet scams and phishing
  1. Suspicious emails. Forward the email to report@phishing.gov.uk.
  2. Text messages. Forward the text message to 7726 - it's free
More info

My current Samsung Android phone appears to trap and block phishing and scam calls without me doing anything. It then gives me the option to report them.

Really? Canary Wharf for me is one of the worst places in London (yes it’s modern, but it is soulless)
I don't go to work for the ambiance and rarely go out after work.

Canary Wharf is the most convenient city commute for me and at least there are loads of shops if you need something.

So on Monday, there were 20 ambulances queuing at Southend Hospital with 16 hour waits. Think about that, 16 hour waits for people that need to be seen by a doctor. That not only causes distress for the patients, but also for the ambulance crews, and ties them up for all those hours, let alone wasted money in overtime payments. My Sister-In-Law left the ambulance service because of this a few years ago. She said in the old days, they dropped off a patient within an hour, and was then ready for the next call. Now, she said the whole shift and more could be waiting with a patient outside the hospital. So stressful. Last month my very elderly Mother-In-Law had a bad fall in her care home, she has severe dementia and was stuck in the ambulance for over 12 hours at the hospital. Because of the dementia, it made the wait even worse as she didn't know what was going on. Family took shifts to share the wait in the ambulance. What a mess.

15240784.jpg

Someone I manage, his mother-in-law died from pneumonia, after being prematurely discharged and then not being readmitted quickly enough due to a lack of beds and staff. Our NHS is on its knees and it's absolutely terrifying for any of us with frail/ill relatives or family members.

Back