• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So you are annoyed with the consultant in A&E not the nurses?
I'm annoyed with the system that keeps an old lady waiting for over 3 hours before a consultant sees her, and then a further hour before anyone carries out his instructions to put her on oxygen and fluids!

I know the staff work hard, and from what I'm told, it was a usual Saturday night with plenty of drunken incidents causing the numbers to swell in there, plus a patient who wouldn't do as they were told and the police had to be called to deal with them....that took up a number of people's time.

Quite simple really, better and quicker triage....more staff! Maybe politicians could stop giving themselves whacking great pay rises and invest more in areas where it's needed!

BBC need to get their act together and buy the rights to the FA cup. The adverts are one of the reasons they have so little time to fit all the games into. Stop putting on the celebrity crap and focus on the more important stuff.

Back on the Beeb next season.

Same here- really narked about this - very poor from ITV - First 2 games took up nearly half the showtime bad organisation.

Remember when ITV had the rights to the football league games and would show highlights on a Sunday morning? Would wait for what seemed like ages to see the "highlights" for the Southend game and even if there were 5 goals in the game they would just show one of them.

I'm annoyed with the system that keeps an old lady waiting for over 3 hours before a consultant sees her, and then a further hour before anyone carries out his instructions to put her on oxygen and fluids!

I know the staff work hard, and from what I'm told, it was a usual Saturday night with plenty of drunken incidents causing the numbers to swell in there, plus a patient who wouldn't do as they were told and the police had to be called to deal with them....that took up a number of people's time.

Quite simple really, better and quicker triage....more staff! Maybe politicians could stop giving themselves whacking great pay rises and invest more in areas where it's needed!

How is she doing now?

How is she doing now?

She's a lot better today thanks, has eaten a little toast and some tea, and going to have some chicken this evening. I think the oxygen and fluids really made a difference, as I said though, it was just such a shame it couldn't have been done earlier.

Could they not have just admitted her for observation for 24 hours to try and identify the problem?.
When I left work on Friday at 5.00pm, there were no beds. No excuse I know but it's worrying that the winter hasn't even really kicked in yet and already the hospital is having problems with bed space :nope: Good to hear she is feeling better.

Put the FA Cup highlights on record last night and it ended at 59 minutes, missed our game. It recorded about 5 mins of adverts and the previous show before the programme started. Now where the **** am I going to watch the goals?

Exactly the same happened to me, and I had promised my son we would watch the highlights when I got back from golf Sunday lunchtime. We had to wait until youtube got updated.

This is what I think of ITV...

iUG7fr3G3g8yN.gif

New boss wanting something that the rest of the industry don't want, and hence I'm hitting my head against a brick wall, and I know damn well she won't back down. :sad:

New boss wanting something that the rest of the industry don't want, and hence I'm hitting my head against a brick wall, and I know damn well she won't back down. :sad:

What's that? Trains to run on time and to be affordable?

Back