• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Under no circumstances do I believe it was said with real malice & intent. He's just playing upto the typecast character. Which will be the exact reason the magazine brought him in, to give these kind of ridiculous answers. You can't blame him for that. What would you do MK? You're in a situation, where you've been typecast as a "hard man". A magazine comes along & offers you money, to continue that hard man persona into the "advice" column. With a wife & 3 kids at home, would you say No?

Come on mate, There's a massive difference between critiquing someone's acting ability & mocking the way they speak. If Kermode got a slap over it, he'd fully deserve it. Its not DD being the immature idiot. He hasnt mocked the way Kermode speaks? DD had admitted in various interviews, most of his films are naff & he took the role, just for the money. But that doesn't give a jumped up keyboard warrior, like Kermode, reason to attack DD on a personal level.

I just don't understand this idea that because you're behind a keyboard (or in Kermode's case, behind a microphone), then you've got free reign to mock, ridicule & antagonise complete strangers

Excuses excuses. Plenty of actors have been typecast as the hardman - Ray Winstone for example. I don't ever remember reading that he gave advice to someone to cut someone up. He crossed a line, even if he meant it or not (which as a father, I sincerely hope not). Danny - engage brain before opening mouth, especially in ther public arena and the age of Twitter.

And as for Kermode - Dyer always says he wants to be know as a serious actor - so hey, why not say no to the next thug/hardman role that comes up and play SOMETHING ELSE. Maybe you'd get a bit of respect instead of the mysonogystic crap you're easy drawn to like "Pimp".

This is why people take the **** out of Danny Dyer.

[video=youtube;a4-CcJBYBns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-CcJBYBns[/video]

I generally agree with Kermode's views on films and if he recommends something then I'll try and see it. However he's pretty smug and annoying and I'm not a huge fan of his podcasts any more.

This.

I used to be a fairly regular listener to the show, but Kermode's definitely gotten smugger over the course of the past two or three years and he takes himself and his views very, very seriously these days. It's almost as if the viral success of his Sex and the City take down (some his best work) went to his head and he's ramping up the outrage every so often to gain traction, hence he's prone to going a little too far.

Having said that, I've no time at all for Dyer. His entire career seems to have been built a sole Harold Pinter recommendation, and he doesn't half want you to know about it. He's also an avid Hammer, which is surely all the reason you need to viciously despise every fibre of someone's being.

Excuses excuses. Plenty of actors have been typecast as the hardman - Ray Winstone for example. I don't ever remember reading that he gave advice to someone to cut someone up. He crossed a line, even if he meant it or not (which as a father, I sincerely hope not). Danny - engage brain before opening mouth, especially in ther public arena and the age of Twitter.

lol it's not excuses. It is, what it is. He's been employed to write stupid responses, which are based upon that hard man image. He's not Dear Diedre or Jeremy Kyle. If he was giving that advice as a psychologist or psychiatrist, or even if it was in a serious publication, I'd agree with you. But you have to take it for what it is, a jokey magazine, which is designed to appease young lads, & isn't to be taken too seriously, (I'd say if you ARE taking it too seriously, then that's more your problem, than DD's).
He's simply playing the character, and going along with that hard man routine. Just what he's been employed to do. Seems to me your unable to differentiate from the man & the character. As I've said, I've heard he's actually a very genuine, nice bloke in real life, from more than one person. He comes across as a decent bloke in interviews aswell, so I'm judging him on that, rather than the character he plays in the media

And as for Kermode - Dyer always says he wants to be know as a serious actor - so hey, why not say no to the next thug/hardman role that comes up and play SOMETHING ELSE. Maybe you'd get a bit of respect instead of the mysonogystic crap you're easy drawn to like "Pimp".

As you pointed out, you yourself are a father. So what would be more important to you, putting food on the table & keeping a roof over the heads of your family, OR, trying your best to please ****ty critics, who you've never met before? It's a no-brainer

lol it's not excuses. It is, what it is. He's been employed to write stupid responses, which are based upon that hard man image. He's not Dear Diedre or Jeremy Kyle. If he was giving that advice as a psychologist or psychiatrist, or even if it was in a serious publication, I'd agree with you. But you have to take it for what it is, a jokey magazine, which is designed to appease young lads, & isn't to be taken too seriously, (I'd say if you ARE taking it too seriously, then that's more your problem, than DD's).
He's simply playing the character, and going along with that hard man routine. Just what he's been employed to do. Seems to me your unable to differentiate from the man & the character. As I've said, I've heard he's actually a very genuine, nice bloke in real life, from more than one person. He comes across as a decent bloke in interviews aswell, so I'm judging him on that, rather than the character he plays in the media

As you pointed out, you yourself are a father. So what would be more important to you, putting food on the table & keeping a roof over the heads of your family, OR, trying your best to please ****ty critics, who you've never met before? It's a no-brainer

Give up,MK is just like Thatcher and not for turning.

This is why people take the **** out of Danny Dyer.

[video=youtube;a4-CcJBYBns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-CcJBYBns[/video]

Nothing out of the ordinary from what you see in most pubs/clubs on a weekend then?

Nothing out of the ordinary from what you see in most pubs/clubs on a weekend then?

I tend not to go to pubs and clubs with bellends like that in. Mostly it's old men with whippets up here!

I tend not to go to pubs and clubs with bellends like that in. Mostly it's old men with whippets up here!

Whether you go or not, I can assure you they exist. And tbh, I can't really see how he's being a bell end in that vid? He's clearly out of his head & is waffling on, but he isn't hurting anyone or terrorising anyone (Well, unless you count Tottenham as a person) it's no different to any youngster, out on the lash, & I dare say even you've acted like it at some point, where people have looked at you and thought "tw*t".

Whether you go or not, I can assure you they exist. And tbh, I can't really see how he's being a bell end in that vid? He's clearly out of his head & is waffling on, but he isn't hurting anyone or terrorising anyone (Well, unless you count Tottenham as a person) it's no different to any youngster, out on the lash, & I dare say even you've acted like it at some point, where people have looked at you and thought "tw*t".

Isn't that the point though? Danny Dyer is a walking, talking, ****. He lives it and he acts it (kinda). If he wants to be taken seriously then drop the **** films and club promos and UFO nonsense. If not, then he'll continue to be the butt of Kermode's jokes when he churns out yet another nawtie movie. Maybe his Eastenders role will allow him to change track a little bit.

Yep, I'll never see Dyer as anything but as class A ****. So I'll leave it there.

I see you've swerved my question though? How very political of you. What would you rather do: provide food/shelter for your family, by whatever means you could? Or stick to your principles/dreams to appease internet & TV critics?? :sherlock:

I see you've swerved my question though? How very political of you. What would you rather do: provide food/shelter for your family, by whatever means you could? Or stick to your principles/dreams to appease internet & TV critics?? :sherlock:

Dyer is the one who wants to be seen as a serious actor but carries on taking the easy money. You don't hear that from the likes of Jason Statham or Bruce Campbell. I'm sure he's a very well off man, so for you to talk about "food and shelter" is slightly OTT don't you think?

Isn't that the point though? Danny Dyer is a walking, talking, ****. He lives it and he acts it (kinda). If he wants to be taken seriously then drop the **** films and club promos and UFO nonsense. If not, then he'll continue to be the but of Kermode's jokes when he churns out yet another nawtie movie. Maybe his Eastenders role will allow him to change track a little bit.

Is he though? Do you know him personally? Is he not a good husband & loving, caring father? Is he a rapist? Murderer? Nonce? No, he's just a guy, who's been typecast & found a niche for it. He gets paid to act like a dinlow. Yet people literally hate him for it? Each to their own, but just seems a little weird to me.

ill ask you the same question I asked MK, would you rather provide for your family or stick to "serious" acting to appease people like you, MK, Kermode and anyone else with a bad opinion? I know which one of care more about.

And STILL, whatever his acting credentials, it doesn't give keyboard warriors, like Kermode, the permission to humiliate/ridicule him as a man

Dyer is the one who wants to be seen as a serious actor but carries on taking the easy money. You don't hear that from the likes of Jason Statham or Bruce Campbell. I'm sure he's a very well off man, so for you to talk about "food and shelter" is slightly OTT don't you think?

No those were his very own words. I cant be going OTT, if thats a direct quote. He took the job's specifically for the money. Did he need it that bad? I don't know, I'm not & never have been his financial advisor. I dare say, neither have you.

Now MK, stop swerving the question... What would YOU do, in that situation? Provide for your family, or pursue the "serious actor" moniker, to appease Internet & TV critics?

Is he though? Do you know him personally? Is he not a good husband & loving, caring father? Is he a rapist? Murderer? Nonce? No, he's just a guy, who's been typecast & found a niche for it. He gets paid to act like a dinlow. Yet people literally hate him for it? Each to their own, but just seems a little weird to me.

ill ask you the same question I asked MK, would you rather provide for your family or stick to "serious" acting to appease people like you, MK, Kermode and anyone else with a bad opinion? I know which one of care more about.

And STILL, whatever his acting credentials, it doesn't give keyboard warriors, like Kermode, the permission to humiliate/ridicule him as a man

I think I've answered that. Kermode a "keyboard warrior?" He's a broadcaster and journalist - hardly anonymous.

Back