• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As are all of them to be fair.

The front page of the BBC - Danny Dyer in full cockernee ****** garb. ****.

I'd rather see Danny Dyer on the BBC than public school ponces like Bennedict Cumberbatch or Oxbridge ponces like Mitchell and Webb, Mel and Sue etc.

The estate agents who told my daughter to take her property of the market 3 months ago because they had a buyer for it the property has not sold yet because the buyer is in a chain with 5 others . My daughter is struggerling to pay the mortgage as her ex partner does not want to know , the only thing certain is the agent will get his commission .

A Wet Spam supporting faux cockernee with the acting ability of a lump of 2x4? You're on your own there fella.

I don't really understand the DD hate. Lots of people can't stand him, but from what I've heard, he's a genuinely nice guy. He gets a lot of stick for his hard man acting, but in fairness some people can't differentiate from him as a person & the character hes been typecast with. He's the first to admit he's not a "hard man". He's just found a niche and done whatever works, to put food food on the table for his family :unsure:

I don't really understand the DD hate. Lots of people can't stand him, but from what I've heard, he's a genuinely nice guy. He gets a lot of stick for his hard man acting, but in fairness some people can't differentiate from him as a person & the character hes been typecast with. He's the first to admit he's not a "hard man". He's just found a niche and done whatever works, to put food food on the table for his family :unsure:

Look at one of his first roles too in Mean Machine he was far from the hard man and quite a likeable character.

Really? His "advice" column in a mens mag (Zoo/Nuts whatever) told a bloke who'd just been dumped to "cut her face up so no one would want her". He's regularly threatened to beat up film critic Mark Kermode for criticising his films. Is that what "nice guys" do, or is it just a bit of "lads banter". :facepalm:

Really? His "advice" column in a mens mag (Zoo/Nuts whatever) told a bloke who'd just been dumped to "cut her face up so no one would want her". He's regularly threatened to beat up film critic Mark Kermode for criticising his films. Is that what "nice guys" do, or is it just a bit of "lads banter". :facepalm:

You secretly want to be him, admit it.

To be fair, Kermode is an extremely punchable man.

I generally agree with Kermode's views on films and if he recommends something then I'll try and see it. However he's pretty smug and annoying and I'm not a huge fan of his podcasts any more.

:hilarious: Come on mate. Of course he hasn't been hired to give deep, insightful advice to people who sends letters/emails in to lads mags.

And as for Kermode, he regularly takes the p*ss out of DD. Not in a friendly way, but a genuinly condescending, smug way. Its one thing to criticise his awful films, but to belittle a man, who as I said, Is only doing whatever it takes to put food on the table for his family, is poor. I've seen the interview where he's talking about being threatened, and even in that, he continues to mock & ridicule DD. Now maybe it's the sign of the times, where everyone enjoys humiliating strangers, from behind the safety of their keyboard, but I'm of an old school nature, where if you're big enough to Run your mouth, you should be big enough to face the consequences. I'd bank on it though, that if DD, or some of his pals, actually DID visit Kermode, he wouldn't be so comical then.

:hilarious: Come on mate. Of course he hasn't been hired to give deep, insightful advice to people who sends letters/emails in to lads mags.

And as for Kermode, he regularly takes the p*ss out of DD. Not in a friendly way, but a genuinly condescending, smug way. Its one thing to criticise his awful films, but to belittle a man, who as I said, Is only doing whatever it takes to put food on the table for his family, is poor. I've seen the interview where he's talking about being threatened, and even in that, he continues to mock & ridicule DD. Now maybe it's the sign of the times, where everyone enjoys humiliating strangers, from behind the safety of their keyboard, but I'm of an old school nature, where if you're big enough to Run your mouth, you should be big enough to face the consequences. I'd bank on it though, that if DD, or some of his pals, actually DID visit Kermode, he wouldn't be so comical then.

So it's ok that he told someone that it was ok to cut up someone's face? Wow GBJ, imagine if the "loveable rascal" was talking about someone you love?

Urgh, no wonder I've always distanced myself from this lads "culture".

As for Mark Kermode he's a critic - that's his job. If Dyer can't hack a bit of criticism without threatening violence then it shows what an immature idiot that he is.

I had a great run along Thorpe Bay Beach the other day; later the same day, along the same road, a lady killed her disabled son and then doused her car and herself in petrol and burnt herself to death. HOW can things be SO BAD for that lady that she has to believe that is the solution. Really sad.

I had a great run along Thorpe Bay Beach the other day; later the same day, along the same road, a lady killed her disabled son and then doused her car and herself in petrol and burnt herself to death. HOW can things be SO BAD for that lady that she has to believe that is the solution. Really sad.

Agreed, kind of puts stuff into perspective..

****ing hell.:sad:

So it's ok that he told someone that it was ok to cut up someone's face? Wow GBJ, imagine if the "loveable rascal" was talking about someone you love?

Urgh, no wonder I've always distanced myself from this lads "culture".

As for Mark Kermode he's a critic - that's his job. If Dyer can't hack a bit of criticism without threatening violence then it shows what an immature idiot that he is.

Under no circumstances do I believe it was said with real malice & intent. He's just playing upto the typecast character. Which will be the exact reason the magazine brought him in, to give these kind of ridiculous answers. You can't blame him for that. What would you do MK? You're in a situation, where you've been typecast as a "hard man". A magazine comes along & offers you money, to continue that hard man persona into the "advice" column. With a wife & 3 kids at home, would you say No?

Come on mate, There's a massive difference between critiquing someone's acting ability & mocking the way they speak. If Kermode got a slap over it, he'd fully deserve it. Its not DD being the immature idiot. He hasnt mocked the way Kermode speaks? DD had admitted in various interviews, most of his films are naff & he took the role, just for the money. But that doesn't give a jumped up keyboard warrior, like Kermode, reason to attack DD on a personal level.

I just don't understand this idea that because you're behind a keyboard (or in Kermode's case, behind a microphone), then you've got free reign to mock, ridicule & antagonise complete strangers

Back