• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A mild hamstring strain just as I'm back enjoying football again and made team captain. League football is only 35 mins each way plus rolling subs which helps but so does having official linos and decent refs for each game. At my age the offside trap is a regular tactic. Losing the battle to be fit for Saturday. Good mixture of expat teams in this league though I'm the only Brit in mine. An Aussie a couple from Europe but the rest Japanese and locals.

As a loyal customer of Scottish Hydro, I was happy to stick with them via their One Year Fixed deal. After a month of phoning to be told every time that they were so busy that someone from "That Department" would have ring me back, I finally get a call when I'm out, and they leave a message advising me that it is "Very Easy" to sign up for the deal online.

Only it isn't because their joke of a website treats you as if you are a new customer, so you need to go through reams of pages and apparently set up a new direct debit.... So I phone them last night again, and now I am told that they are only doing the Two Year Fixed by phone and I will HAVE to sign up online. Enough is enough, and now it is actually simpler to switch than it is to stay with them (after 24 years) so I finally do the sensible thing and save myself a couple of hundred pounds a year and sign up for E.On.

So I tweet @scottish_Hydro, and point out that they are making it easier to leave than to stay. I promptly get a phone call from the Head of Customer Service. Only it's just a recording not a real person, and my responses are limited

So I tweet them again, opining that that is a pretty poor way to respond to a customer complaint and I get a reply:

@shrimpertom Hi Tim....

All the ******** on Facebook. Yes it's sad about Paul Walker dying but **** me people love getting likes off someone else's misfortune. "1 like = RIP". No it doesn't, I have seen about 20 different RIP Paul Walker groups. It's a tragic loss but why are people so desperate for likes on Facebook. Have a group yep that's fine, but stop with the pictures. Especially when they say things like 'like = RIP, ignore = disrespect'. Get a ****ing grip of yourself!

Hate Facebook. Only thing I've done on it in the last 2 years or so is to message friends I've lost contact with.

Probably the only person of my age in the UK who doesn't use it.

Hate Facebook. Only thing I've done on it in the last 2 years or so is to message friends I've lost contact with.

Facebook has its uses, you need to respect it for what it is. Block the crap and set your privacy settings, it's ok after that!

hate Facebook and twitter, I don't care what people are having for dinner, and it would be nice if I could have a Saturday night shift without some passenger saying hashtag at the end of a sentance.

Like many things in like, facebook is what you make it.

Now my moan. Trains. Not specifically but the "quiet zone" announcement that asks you not to use electrical items that may cause annoyance. Shame they didn't mention family-size bags of pickled onion monster munch being rustled and chomped (noisily, 135 decibels at a guess) by some buffoon who devours them with a voracity that suggests he hasn't eaten for three weeks. :angry:

Heard they are making another inbetweeners movie. These people just don't know when to stop while the going is good. The show got worse as it went on and the film was average. I think this new one will be a car crash. Like the hangover the 1st was awesome just leave it at that but the other two were nowhere near as good. Taken absolutely class and Taken 2 was a waste of time. Really hope Anchorman 2 doesn't ruin the reputation of the Anchorman name.

Heard they are making another inbetweeners movie. These people just don't know when to stop while the going is good. The show got worse as it went on and the film was average. I think this new one will be a car crash. Like the hangover the 1st was awesome just leave it at that but the other two were nowhere near as good. Taken absolutely class and Taken 2 was a waste of time. Really hope Anchorman 2 doesn't ruin the reputation of the Anchorman name.

Empire Strikes Back, Godfather 2, The Two Towers, Terminator 2, Aliens....sequels aren't necessarily pants.

I'm not saying they are but certain films where the original is so great just leave it! You ruin a film by bringing out a **** sequel.

I thought the film was pretty good. I always thought them progressing to uni/travelling etc would be a good development if they want to continue with it.

Back