• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mainly because I have 4 other housemates that buy into the ********. Easier to just buy some piece of **** costume and have done.

Ridiculously restrictive rules on the sale of "Analgesics" plus a cashier who plays it to the letter, and I can't buy two packets of cold n flu caps because I also have a tube of Germoloids in my shopping. Because I am going to overdose on Germoloids!!!!

:'(

Yes I know I can go around again (except for the time the cashier was so zealous she was watching me AND wouldn't let my wife buy two packets of paracetomol because I had already bought two) but it is barking mad.

Cloudbabies.

1) I have the f'in theme tune stuck in my head.
2) It's the scientist in me that's saying, it's impossible! 3 Cloudbabies cannot put an infinite amount of stars to bed every morning! Especially if they want tickles, cuddles and lullabies.
3) Their sodding Mancunian accents. Are there no London based Cloudbabies? I mean, come on that's just fascism or something.
4) I have the f'in theme tune stuck in my head.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Ridiculously restrictive rules on the sale of "Analgesics" plus a cashier who plays it to the letter, and I can't buy two packets of cold n flu caps because I also have a tube of Germoloids in my shopping. Because I am going to overdose on Germoloids!!!!

:'(

Yes I know I can go around again (except for the time the cashier was so zealous she was watching me AND wouldn't let my wife buy two packets of paracetomol because I had already bought two) but it is barking mad.

I'm with you on that.I remember once in Cornwall, the village chemist was extremely reluctant to sell me some lemsip(for my heavy cold)at the same time as some aspirin(for my raging hangover).Ridiculous!

I'm with you on that.I remember once in Cornwall, the village chemist was extremely reluctant to sell me some lemsip(for my heavy cold)at the same time as some aspirin(for my raging hangover).Ridiculous!

Indeed. Whenever I'm in Boot's Inverness I have to explain about my wife's medical condition before they will let me buy certain combinations of things, and then they have to ring them through as separate transactions.

Once many years ago, on purchasing a bottle of Phenergan (sp?) for the children's colds I flippantly remarked "This should make the little darlings sleep". I doubt I would have caused more fuss If I had lifted my hand luggage over my head in Terminal Five and declared I had a bomb. I had to reassure the sour-faced old cow that I did know the dose, that I wasn't going to exceed the dose, that I was only using it for the relief of cold symptoms or for travel sickness..... Luckily I know all the staff in our newly opened Chemists in Gairloch, and there is no ******** there.

I thought Phenergan was prescription only Tom? Had it for mine for sleep problems when they were little.......

I thought Phenergan was prescription only Tom? Had it for mine for sleep problems when they were little.......

You can get it prescribed Kay, but it is also available over the counter from Chemists. Good for colds, sleeping problems (as the S.F.O.C. should have known) and taken the night before it is quite good for travel sickness.

th_smilie_baby_124.gif

Busy at work again. Just catching up. No RIP Clive Dunn thread or have I missed it ?

Cold callers, ringing up from "Microsoft" saying my computer is infected and trying to direct me to some dubious website to download some no doubt very dodgy software.

Quite fun bantering with them and playing along until they got arsed off and hung up, though scary for those less PC savvy who fall for this kind of thing.

1) New Laptop with Windows 8 on it. While the laptop itself is lovely and quick, Windows 8 makes me wish for the days of MS DOS and QBasic.

2) Celebrity jungle bollocks - I hate it. It's the same ****ing thing year after year after year after year. Unfortunately Mrs MK loves it and who am I to tell her that Homeland is a far superior program. 3 weeks of this crap as well.....:thumbdown:

Oh well plenty of time to get my head around Windows 8.

Back