• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

that stupid announcement every 2 bloody minutes at stratford staion informing me it's the home of the 2012 olympics.SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!

that stupid announcement every 2 bloody minutes at stratford staion informing me it's the home of the 2012 olympics.SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!

It's to remind people why they can't get on a train as people are hanging out the windows.

Golf on the ****ing radio. Seriously Radio 5 it's dull enough on the telly.

BBC Essex had swimming on one Saturday before an away watch

I'm not sure they quite captured the drama as it unfolded

Or a ventriloquist.

close-up-150x150.jpg

The course of my You Tube trawling actually has me a little homesick for the first time since I came here at the start of February. Damn ! Back 3 weeks today for 2 weeks, possibly 3, with the 3rd in the London office

Now we've just finished the most spectacular storm I've seen since I arrived here I'm heading out to remind myself just what's so great about HK.

Typhoon from 4 last night upgraded to Hurricane at midnight. Downgraded to typhoon at 5 then just downgraded to strong winds which means I have to go into office. If they'd waited 2 more hours until midday we'd have shut office for the day

By 1987 standards it wasn't bad but by any normal standards that wasnt good My village is carnage and there are trees down on the main road.

Only the 3rd category 10 in the last 28 years and the first for 13 years. Eye never got closer than about 60km

Last edited:
Paul Mckincartney saying 'It's a disgrace David Beckham isn't in the gb olympic footaball squad.Stick to writing your classic songs like the frog chorus you boring old fart.The olympics are about winning medals ,play your strongest squad.Next he will asking for Alan Wells to be included in the mens 4x100 relay.

Paul Mckincartney saying 'It's a disgrace David Beckham isn't in the gb olympic footaball squad.Stick to writing your classic songs like the frog chorus you boring old fart.The olympics are about winning medals ,play your strongest squad.Next he will asking for Alan Wells to be included in the mens 4x100 relay.

Haha, we've got no chance! At least with Becks in the squad Pearce could salvage some dignity.

Happen to agree with him really, Beckham is a global icon and would have been a tremendous asset to the GB team, as I've said before, a much better selection than that twunt Bellamy.

Beckham over Bellamy ...yes ,but play your strongest side.Pearce should have used beckham like hodgson has done with gary neville,that would have kept everyone happy.

Struggling to change flights here for Donut night On a hardly flexible ticket at short notice. Bugger. The man is a legend, my number one hero in a Southend shirt, just ahead of Kevin Maher and about 500 ahead of Barrett.

Still I'm consoling myself with the fact that, despite obvious evidence and docs advise to the contrary, I will be coming out of retirement myself in a little under 6 hours. Dosed up on Co-codomol and nurofen. Been 4 months since I kicked a ball. Looking forward to some 'mild' tightness tomorrow ha ha. Actually Monday will probably be worse.

I am finding myself in a strange situation of pining for the usual feelbad news that we used to have before the Olympics monster usurped our TV screens ... that misery must still be out there, surely?

I am finding myself in a strange situation of pining for the usual feelbad news that we used to have before the Olympics monster usurped our TV screens ... that misery must still be out there, surely?

Quite right mate, I've just seen in the stop press that WWIII has broken out.

Back