• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poxy weather. It's July FFS, you ought to be able to plan a barbecue at the weekend without expecting it to rain.

I've spent weeks organising a mini Olympics tournament for my office, as a team building thing. The weather has been fine all week and is ok now but the forecast looks like it's going to turn to **** at pretty much exactly the time we're supposed to start.

The rain is biblical up here. Several flood warnings. Our house is in Hillsborough, which in 2007 looked like this at the stadium

ShefWedsFlood_468x312.jpg

So there's lots of sandbags and people stressing today. Fortunately our house is on a hill.

The rain is biblical up here. Several flood warnings. Our house is in Hillsborough, which in 2007 looked like this at the stadium

ShefWedsFlood_468x312.jpg

So there's lots of sandbags and people stressing today. Fortunately our house is on a hill.

You may be best served putting it on stilts Jon.

I'm ****ed off with the weather but found a nice sideline in flogging umbrella's I've found on trains. :smile:
if you have any stock left ,could i purchase a wind resistant one for saturday as i reckon it will hammer down on the trial day.You will get it back on monday on the 06.38 train from hockley.

The lazy council workmen who did'nt bother to cut the grass verges in hockley until the grass was 4ft high,then use a strimmer leaving the cut grass where it laid afterwards. End result dead grass verges,foxes bog.Lazy tw..s.Still the council tax is good value if you get it paid for.

Bloody Olympic torch relay. Let's shut down all the main roads in Southend at the same time, sod the motorists. It took me 15 minutes to get from Pizza Hut to Argos before I turned the car around.

People moaning about the Olympic relay today.

Seriously, are your lifes that sad and unimportant that you feel the need to dampen the enjoyment of thousands of others? If you don't like it, then don't watch it or listen about it. You have an option. Also, today I went to the corner of Frankie and Bennies and Ladbrokes, the road was closed for about 20 minutes max. If people can't plan ahead and use their noggin then quite frankly, I'm worried.

Also, people moaning about the Olympics in general.

Don't you dare take away the enjoyment of the majority who will probably never see this happen again in their liftime. People are having dreams come true and you want to sit there and take it away from them? For shame.

Poxy weather. It's July FFS, you ought to be able to plan a barbecue at the weekend without expecting it to rain.

I know how you feel - we had a shower here this morning. Taken the edge of the weather and despite the sunshine it's only going to get up to 31C today. Still 33 is expected tomorrow. :happy:

Don't you dare take away the enjoyment of the majority who will probably never see this happen again in their liftime. People are having dreams come true and you want to sit there and take it away from them? For shame.

Is it the majority though? I know plenty of people who don't give a toss about sport or who live outside London who can't wait until it's all over.

Is it the majority though? I know plenty of people who don't give a toss about sport or who live outside London who can't wait until it's all over.

Not sure about a majority, but the crowds turning out for the torch relay show there's lots of interest. Besides which there's a few events taking place outside of London.

Here in HK a week awake from the event and still the cable companies are wrangling over viewing rights. Not good.

Getting the decimal place in the wrong place when ordering some plastic sheets, hence my self-built TV baby guard is the size of a matchbox. :hilarious:

Oh it's a Spinal Tap moment. :blush:

London Midland.

The people who work for London Midland.

The people on London Midland trains, well more specifically the ones who wouldn't move their fat @rses and bags to let me & a buggy of the train until I gave them a tirade of abuse for being morons.

Back