• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Talk of a minimum price per unit of booze. Couple of reasons: firstly it won't help people who are already hooked, they'll just be forced to more extreme lenghts to afford their fix and may force them onto meths and mouthwash quicker. Second, why should the rest of us who aren't causing a problem pay the nanny state to tell us what to do.

I do appreciate that this may be a move to discourage people from getting into problems in the first place, and encourage younger drinkers to be more moderate, but it's the vast, vast majority of (mainly) sensible drinkers who will be paying the price, quite literally.

I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying a pint or three, or a bottle of wine, but it seems to me that 6 years ago the government took steps to make alcohol more widely available to all with the new licensing regime (which I have extensive experience of), and now we're paying for their lack of foresight. Sigh. As a side note, I also used to enjoy the occassional drop of whisky but with prices for even crappy blended scotch looking to top £20 a bottle, that'll be a thing of the past.

I hope this doesn't come in, and they can find another way to achieve their agenda of promoting public health.

Anyway, I'm probably wrong, but it annoyed me on the way to work this morning.

I actually think it's a decent idea. It will support the pubs, and sort out the dodgy shops.

http://www.shef.ac.uk/mediacentre/2008/1128.html

Look, proper research

I actually think it's a decent idea. It will support the pubs, and sort out the dodgy shops.

http://www.shef.ac.uk/mediacentre/2008/1128.html

Look, proper research

Yeah, dodgy shops are the main problem but there have recently been changes to licensing laws which prohibit irresponsible promotions and the encouragement of binge drinking, and it's the same old story that people playing by the rules will get hit, while the smaller off licences who get dodgy booze (in many cases contaminated - from memory, 60% of spirits were found to be contaminated in a recent Trading Standards operation in Essex) will continue to thumb their noses at the law. In principle I can see the sense to some of this, but I still say a blanket increase is targetting the wrong people.

Filthy foul mouthed builders on trains.

What happened to the days when they all piled into a transit and sang about fried onion rings and chips?

In a topic completely unrelated to my previous rant..... :unsure:

Following my weekly evening of darting fun, I hate hangovers that last until now. Stupid lager.

In a topic completely unrelated to my previous rant..... :unsure:

Following my weekly evening of darting fun, I hate hangovers that last until now. Stupid lager.

haha .. i feel your pain Greeb, me and my mate played about 50 legs last night, accompanied by enough booze to either sink or float a ship and i've been hanging out my arse all day :sick:

Getting a parking fine through the post for parking outside my daughters school for 6 seconds. I was actually driving down the road at the time, as the 3 photo's clearly show. I've seen some bad parking, but never seen a parent park on the yellow chevrons right in front of the school. That should have been a clue to check their evidence again. Those damned stupid spy car's. All the incovenience of appealing and making my case.

Seeing said Spy Car yesterday, engine off, parked over somebody's driveway whilst trying to catch people's bad parking.

All the stupid Wet Spam fans I know whose unbearable smugness at their jammy promotion is inversely proportional to the number of games they actually attend.

Me:- "Name me 5 members of your current squad"

Generic 'fan':- "Ermmmm, Joe Cole? Frank Lampoard? DiClownio? West Ham!".

Sigh.

Last edited:
The occupier’s/activist’s/homeless and immigrants still camped out in Finsbury square despite a court order to be moved out by last Friday.
The delay is going to waste more honest taxpayer’s money and it will cost a lot to repair the damage they have caused.

Also on the first truly summer like day in the City this group stopped me relaxing in my normal spot at lunchtime.
Had to sit in Bunhill Fields which was quite shady and crowded so not happy………..

The occupier’s/activist’s/homeless and immigrants still camped out in Finsbury square despite a court order to be moved out by last Friday.
The delay is going to waste more honest taxpayer’s money and it will cost a lot to repair the damage they have caused.

Also on the first truly summer like day in the City this group stopped me relaxing in my normal spot at lunchtime.
Had to sit in Bunhill Fields which was quite shady and crowded so not happy………..

Threaten them with a bowl of warm soapy water, they'll be on their way quick smart.

Being just 50 yards from Pete Winkelman and not having a big stick to beat him with.

Pete Winkelman getting a round of applause for NR staff (I abstained).

Pete Winkelman not knowing that
a) It's not AWB its AVB. Tool.
b) Milton Keynes is not a ****ing city numbnuts. Doesn't matter how many times you say it, doesn't make it true.

Back