• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stupid school giving my daughter a prize for a competition she didn't actually enter and then my wife having to return it....cue lots of tears.

Unbelievablely poor :nope:

Stupid school giving my daughter a prize for a competition she didn't actually enter and then my wife having to return it....cue lots of tears.

Unbelievablely poor :nope:

I feel your pain. Taylor went to a 100% attendance assembly where they drew out raffle numbers. The third prize was a Kindle Fire. The child whose ticket was pulled out wasn't there so according to their rules, they drew another ticket which was Taylors. He went on stage, got his hand shook and was told to go to see the teacher at the end of the day to collect the Kindle.

He went to see the teacher who told him they had decided to give it to the other child whose ticket was drawn first. One very upset child.

I'll swing for the teachers at Eastwood school one day, I really will

I feel your pain. Taylor went to a 100% attendance assembly where they drew out raffle numbers. The third prize was a Kindle Fire. The child whose ticket was pulled out wasn't there so according to their rules, they drew another ticket which was Taylors. He went on stage, got his hand shook and was told to go to see the teacher at the end of the day to collect the Kindle.

He went to see the teacher who told him they had decided to give it to the other child whose ticket was drawn first. One very upset child.

I'll swing for the teachers at Eastwood school one day, I really will

That's outrageous. Write in and complain...again! They should stump up for another one! You can't mess with children's emotional well being that way!

That's outrageous. Write in and complain...again! They should stump up for another one! You can't mess with children's emotional well being that way!

I give up with Eastwood school. We emailed 3 different members of staff, the teacher that did it, the house head and the Pastoral head.

The teacher that made the mistake didn't reply but got the house head to ring. 'What can I do' was his reply. He doesn't really agree with the school ethics and a lot of parents feel the same about the school but nothing will change. The Pastoral care head got back to us by email 3 days later, even though the policy is 24 hour response to emails. Her excuse was the email went to her junk inbox!!!

Her response was she would talk to Taylor but that won't help.

We, and other parents, have had so many issues with the school but they just aren't interested.

When a child makes a mistake, they don't look at the situation and judge it case by case, but any mistake is punished whatever. When the teacher made a mistake, giving Taylor the tablet, then changing his mind, that mistake is fine. Double standards big time

Back