• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Self service check-outs. "Unexpected item in bagging area". I haven't started yet. Is it a slightly heavy molecule of air upsetting the scales? OK so we start. "Have you your own bag?" Actually, no. "Are you over 18 for this product?" Since when has there been an age restriction on bananas? I'm hardly going to flog them for £30 a gramme under the railway bridge at one in the morning. "Please place the item in the bag". Gerraway! I was quite looking forward to flagellating the check-out assistant senseless with the empty skins. "How would you like pay?" Actually, not at all, now you ask. Oh and ask so much. "What are you doing tonight? Do you wear black?" OK Gog, breathe...breathe...and pay (against my better judgement). Of course it's now I find the sodding thing doesn't accept strange currency like a £2 coin or the new thin 10p. Or 50p, 20p, brand new notes, slightly new notes, old crumpled notes. OK card it is. "We do not accept credit cards". Oh shut up, Dalek! OK debit card it is. "Please insert your PIN". Please insert your head into a bucket of iced water, you gargling siliconised moron. "Would you like cashback?" Another question! What's next? Do you like being smothered in jelly I suppose.Yeah, two million quid. "Thank you. Please take your items". Oh. I was quite looking forward to leaving them here. "Have a nice day!". Have a @*%$ing short circuit. Goodbye.

The state of my knees. Most of me is 36, they must be 76.

I know what you mean. I would love to run a half marathon, or even a marathon, but my knees start to go after about 7-8k. My wife (physio) reckons I'll need surgery eventually.

I've now decided I want to do a triathlon, but am not prepared to waste money on a bike until I'm 100% committed to it.

I know what you mean. I would love to run a half marathon, or even a marathon, but my knees start to go after about 7-8k. My wife (physio) reckons I'll need surgery eventually.

I've now decided I want to do a triathlon, but am not prepared to waste money on a bike until I'm 100% committed to it.

Did a half yesterday but am going to focus on 10k runs from now on - the last couple of miles yesterday were very painful (but running through Wembley Stadium was very cool!)

Did a half yesterday but am going to focus on 10k runs from now on - the last couple of miles yesterday were very painful (but running through Wembley Stadium was very cool!)

Tell me about it. My son was playing football at Borehamwood and I had to stand out in the freezing cold and rain watching him. I would even say it wasn't cool, it was bloody freezing!

:winking:

Tell me about it. My son was playing football at Borehamwood and I had to stand out in the freezing cold and rain watching him. I would even say it wasn't cool, it was bloody freezing!

:winking:

Arf! 5 degrees at race start, (Barnet Copthall, so not far from Borehamwood actually) the amount of waiting around pre-race was not fun.

Arf! 5 degrees at race start, (Barnet Copthall, so not far from Borehamwood actually) the amount of waiting around pre-race was not fun.

So it was your fault! My son plays in the excel league. They use the Borehamwood 3G pitch and have about 6 matches being played simultaneously (they're only 6 and 7 year olds) but half the kids were late because of some poxy half marathon!

That meant that during a quarter (they play 4 quarters of 10 minutes and rotate subs and 'keepers each quarter) when my son was supposed to be sub and having a rest, he had to put a bib on and "guest" for a different team.

How very dare you!

So it was your fault! My son plays in the excel league. They use the Borehamwood 3G pitch and have about 6 matches being played simultaneously (they're only 6 and 7 year olds) but half the kids were late because of some poxy half marathon!

That meant that during a quarter (they play 4 quarters of 10 minutes and rotate subs and 'keepers each quarter) when my son was supposed to be sub and having a rest, he had to put a bib on and "guest" for a different team.

How very dare you!

There was a very big area where the traffic was closed and, trying to leave the area later, the knock-on effect did seem to be pretty bad (nearly half an hour for the less than ten minute drive from Mill Hill to the M1).

Apologies, but now I have the perfect excuse not to run it next year :smile:

There was a very big area where the traffic was closed and, trying to leave the area later, the knock-on effect did seem to be pretty bad (nearly half an hour for the less than ten minute drive from Mill Hill to the M1).

Apologies, but now I have the perfect excuse not to run it next year :smile:

Good..now for the other couple of thousand that also ran!

Booked some work train tickets up and down from Burton to London on Wednesday. Normally you'll get a seat reservation when booked in advance, but apparently they're not available. Hate battling with the plebs for a seat when you've got a longish train journey.

There's a young bloke near me who's continually going on about his bloody diet to all and sundry (he's getting married in the summer) and his gym workout, and how he wants to look perfect for his big day. Shut up, I don't care!

Not to mention he's got an irritating voice...he would raise quite a "ding" on the gaydar :whistling:.... and he is marrying a laydee....

Nearly £7 for guaranteed next day delivery at the Robbers Delivery Service Post Office...scandalous...sure it was no more than a £1 when it was a public asset.

And another one I have just been reminded of in a HK shop. These people are so obsessed with phones I almost had to shout so I could get served

Back