• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yesterday was my first day back in the office after a 5 week break. I got my normal train home, which arrived 3 minutes late, but the board said it was on time.

I have just checked the timetable to find out that Govia have changed the arrival time to my station, so in fact the train was considered on time.

What a cop out. Instead of trying to make the train actually arrive when it was supposed to, they just accepted defeat, and changed the timetable!

Could be a new service added in that requires a bit of headway. Planning a timetable is a bloody difficult job!

Could be a new service added in that requires a bit of headway. Planning a timetable is a bloody difficult job!

I doubt it. What sometimes happens when the train is delayed a bit, is that we have to wait at the points for a train coming the other way. Once that train has passed we're able to proceed. However, when we're on time that isn't an issue.

What I don't get is why a train is on our track when there are four tracks (2 fast and two slow, one of each in each direction). Why isn't the train on a track going in the right direction? Given that no trains terminate/or even start at my station it must have had plenty of time (and sets of points) to move over.

It's just a cop out from Govia since they have taken over the line from First Crapital Connect. They have even made the national media lately because of how an already poor service has deteriorated since they took over. They said things would improve in the New Year. Little did I know that their idea of improvement was to amend the timetable, rather than actually improve the service.

In the meantime I'm paying nearly £3000 a year for a half hour journey into work and back each day.

Going to bed an hour earlier last night as have struggled to get back into work hours, and then waking up 3 hours earlier and feeling even more tired today.

Nice one sleep, you arse.

The most common form of kidney stone is made up of calcium crystals. I reduced the size of mine and was then able to pass it easily by cutting down on dairy products and drinking 5 alive citrus, five fruit blend every day for two weeks. The citrus acid breaks down the calcium. I get mine from Asda.
People that have had kidney stones usually get them again. My friend had a new one for 4 years on the trot, until I told him to drink some of this each month, and cut down on dairy. He has now been kidney stone free for about 2 and a half years. Drinking lots of water a day also helps.

The two kidney stones and an infection that does not want to leave the comfort of my body.
Cheers for that 70,s,this is my 4th time that i know of with the others passes quite quickly one even passed pain free.
After the scan yesterday ive been told the stones are 3mm and the passage 10mm so they will pass ok but the pain from 10 last night til 6 this morning did not read the memo,i drink way to muck coke zero and light and pepsi max so like most of my health issuse its self inflicted,cranberry juice is also good.

After the scan yesterday ive been told the stones are 3mm and the passage 10mm so they will pass ok but the pain from 10 last night til 6 this morning did not read the memo,i drink way to muck coke zero and light and pepsi max so like most of my health issuse its self inflicted,cranberry juice is also good.
Cranberry juice is like a miracle drink!

The two kidney stones and an infection that does not want to leave the comfort of my body.
Cheers for that 70,s,this is my 4th time that i know of with the others passes quite quickly one even passed pain free.

Cranberry juice is very good for your infection, but not so good for kidney stones as it is very high in oxalate, which mixes with calcium to form kidney stones.

Trying to ring an international number on work phones is blocked, so had to resort to using my personal phone and then having to request they ring me back on my work phone. How ferking embarrassing.

Also, did I mention people who can't or won't use their indicators at roundabouts :angry:

Trying to ring an international number on work phones is blocked, so had to resort to using my personal phone and then having to request they ring me back on my work phone. How ferking embarrassing.

I can't blame Network Rail for putting that block on. Apparently some of their employees significantly misuse other communication tools made available to them for work-related purposes.

Also, did I mention people who can't or won't use their indicators at roundabouts :angry:

You were trying to ring Eurostar?

idiots who phone for a taxi at Sainsburys then can't be bothered to acknowledge me when I turn up in my multiseater. At least be polite and tell me you can't get in it instead of staring at the horizon.

Back