• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ah, ok, my misunderstanding. I agree, you wouldn't for example, get a Muslim faith school changing anything to suit a Christian, certainly not in a Muslim country.

When I was a student in the 90's I remember buying four cans of Kestrel Super, a packet of condoms, some King Sized Rizlas and a copy of S**** from a Muslim run convenience shop at three in the morning.

Although I didn't recognise it at the time this was obviously the vanguard of the creeping shariah that is destroying our traditional way of life. In retrospect the fact that the proprietor refused to accept an unguaranteed personal cheque as payment should have aroused my suspicions and he was probably laundering cash for an extremist group.

On the other hand I had a great night though if anyone is interested.

I wasn't talking about children allowed to be excluded, I can accept that if it's against their religion, what I can't accept is changing the whole thing to suit other religions. I feel we have been bullied into it.
The rest of your post I agree, very strange.
They could probably have smoothed the situation by inviting them to hold whichever Islamic festival they want to share at the appropriate time of year. Just paint it as part the RE teachings. As much as I loathe the idea of religion I do find the majority of religious people are pretty reasonable and open to suggestion. To base your life around centuries old books is pretty suggestible as a start point. People shouldn't back off as soon as someone states 'my religion says..', mine doesn't so let's talk about a middle ground...

Poxy Tesco direct, ordered a walking talking dinosaur thing at the weekend. No problem showing as in stock and booked a delivery time (10-11 today). Last night I got a text saying the item will be delivered today at the agreed time slot, fantastic I thought. Just now received a phone call, not from Tesco but from their driver who to be honest was extremely ****ed off that he had to make the call that item was not only not going to be delivered but was also not in stock at all! Awful service and no wonder they are in a bit of a financial pickle, they have been tweeted and I am awaiting their response #tescokilledsanta

Poxy Tesco direct, ordered a walking talking dinosaur thing at the weekend. No problem showing as in stock and booked a delivery time (10-11 today). Last night I got a text saying the item will be delivered today at the agreed time slot, fantastic I thought. Just now received a phone call, not from Tesco but from their driver who to be honest was extremely ****ed off that he had to make the call that item was not only not going to be delivered but was also not in stock at all! Awful service and no wonder they are in a bit of a financial pickle, they have been tweeted and I am awaiting their response #tescokilledsanta

There was something on the news yesterday about these big supermarkets overselling stock they didn't have due to "cyber monday" or something.

Here - I've hidden my important documents so well (as I've got builders in) and I can't remember where I hid them. :unsure:

There was something on the news yesterday about these big supermarkets overselling stock they didn't have due to "cyber monday" or something.

Here - I've hidden my important documents so well (as I've got builders in) and I can't remember where I hid them. :unsure:

What annoyed me is that they have had five days to inform me that it is out of stock, that would be fine as it is no issue getting it elsewhere. Though not to phone themselves but to get the delivery driver to call to tell you is out of order, and in truth I felt a little bit sorry for him. Anyway my tweet with the hashtag was replied to almost immediately so we will see what happens next.

I just speed-read the last couple of pages and I may have missed some details. However, I now know that Jehovah's Witnesses don't do the nativity in their country (The land of Jehovah? WitnessSlavia? Noassembly land?), Muslims are holding some kind of 'bring your own weed, kestrel (euugh) and prophylactics' festival and we are to expect cyber attacks from talking dinosaurs. Oh, and MK, who I assumed was post-menopause, has the builders in. Life's rich tapestry, and all that.........

1) The stupid kitchen fitters sending the wrong size doors for my new fridge housing.

2) My boss giving me a bollocking taking an urgent call in respect to the above....I did swear very loudly apparantly in a quiet open plan office. :hilarious:

Not being in the Evening Echo angling section, for winning the TBAA beach series by winning the last 3 matches, honestly any chance of me winning sports personality of the year has just gone tits up

Christmas music.
Not in a lift or in a shop but blaring out all over town from speakers fixed on buildings,would be ok if not for the rack that its old style French peasant music.

Toshiba being ****ing pricks. Hard disk failed so it doesn't load the OS and just shows a blank screen with a message saying there is no bootable drive. Call up first time and find I'm a day out of warranty, they say I have to buy backup media to try and reinstall windows (oh yeah like that will work when they confirmed themselves it was a hard disk problem). That is £30-odd paid, although if I get a new hard disk then I'll have to install windows anyway.

So I try it and it doesn't work, oh really?

Call back and they ask me how I did it and so I did. Seems that I did it wrong, not sure how you can do something wrong when the only thing I could possibly do is turn it on and be confronted with the same error message. They then offer to run through how to do it properly, but say it will cost me .... £35, yes £35 to tell me how to install windows. Something which can be found for FREE online. Not only that, but it was an 0844 number so they would have made more.

Obviously I hung up, not paying £35 for someone to tell me how to reinstall windows (or attempt). Absolute joke.

Now I'm going to have to try again and write down step by step exactly what I did.

:angry:

Part 2.

So decided not to call and instead us the online chat thing.

After about 40 minutes the conclusion is that the HDD needs replacing, hurrah they finally realise! Only problem is that because I first called a day outside of warranty, despite the kind man saying he would write a note saying I called before the warranty expired - no note in sight surprise surprise.

I am now offered 2 options, first is to use Topaz Support or extend the warranty for 2 years for £99.98 - which is cheaper than the 1st option. A quick look on eBay and can see a replacement HDD for £60-odd, so there is around £40 saved already!

Amazon. ***** of the highest order. Claimed a courier came (he didn't - and the tracking number just says left depot!). So items went back and they issued a refund. Which won't hit the account till next week. The items can't be re-ordered in time for Xmas delivery unless they get their fingers out. :finger::angry::angry:

My cat being diagnosed with cancer and having just a few weeks to live now.

Happy new year :'(

Sorry to hear that mate! It's horrible losing a pet you become attached to them like a friend/child. Give him the best weeks before he goes. Lots of dreamies!

Back