• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F***ing great articulated lorries that totally soak me in water from the torrent flowing on the A127 whilst I'm walking on the pavement, and laugh while it's happening, b******ds.

Canvey has flooded again already after this morning's heavy rain. It's all very well the huge efforts made to improve things in the South West of the country but there really needs to be some major investment in this area. Poxy bloody City Beach took out a load of drains on Southend sea front which is why it, too, floods so easily now.

Canvey has flooded again already after this morning's heavy rain.

Whereabouts, and how bad? Last time there were floods on Canvey I called my Mum in a bit of a panic and beyond the lawn taking a bit of a battering there was nothing to see down her street (near Thorney Bay).

Seems they've got potential floods from the Thames sorted (the sea wall really is a beast) but can't now cope with a spot of rain!

Whereabouts, and how bad? Last time there were floods on Canvey I called my Mum in a bit of a panic and beyond the lawn taking a bit of a battering there was nothing to see down her street (near Thorney Bay).

Seems they've got potential floods from the Thames sorted (the sea wall really is a beast) but can't now cope with a spot of rain!

Don't know for sure James, sorry, only a few inches though so hopefully just roads.

Some of the pics here look like Long Road

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-29530851

Don't know for sure James, sorry, only a few inches though so hopefully just roads.

Some of the pics here look like Long Road

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-29530851

Thanks Kay. I agree - middle one looks like Long Road looking up from The Haystack, bottom one possibly Thameside Crescent.

For such a damp country, we're not great at managing rain are we? The roads on my journey home were terrible.

Woke up this morning with a very dry throat. Hopefully it won't lead to anything much, but I go on holiday in 16 days. I should be over a cold in that time, but my holiday is a SCUBA diving holiday in Sharm and because I haven't dived for about 3 years I need to complete a SCUBA review session, which I have booked for next Wednesday, which is cutting it fine.

I am currently ****ed off more than you can imagine, but also hopeful it will work out OK.

Getting our IT to install an update to Java - something that would take less than 1 minute on a non-networked PC. It's been over a month, I've been told that I need to keep my laptop tied to a desk/ethernet cable for a week (I'm an "agile" worker, meaning I can allegedly work from anywhere) and it could be done.

No wonder I can spent my entire working day on here and no one bats an eyelid. :facepalm:

I wear Clarks desert boots to work and they lose all grip in the wet.

I virtually moonwalked across Canary Wharf this morning.

Back