• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Now on season 3 of Community. Bloody hilarious.

Prepare for an almighty slump in quality when Harmon gets booted off the show.

Humans on C4 is fairly decent Sunday evening fodder. Not particularly taxing given the subject matter, but entertaining and reasonably thought provoking too. Find it does ebb and flow though, last week's episode was great whereas last night's was fairly naff.

Norrell and Strange. Still brilliant.

As I'm not a regular on here I was scrolling back in disbelief that no one had actually mentioned Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell..........until now! I saw the first episode at home and the second at my brother's, when I was back for the play-off Final. Very much addicted to it and Sunday night is not quite the same since its completion. Absolutely brilliant acting and production (will we see the likes of that on BBC again???) Loved it..........can't understand why it didn't have a bigger audience, which it really merited............what the hell do people want on a Sunday night???!!! :smile:

Missed a few eps of Strange and Norrell so gonna grab the bluray when I get some spare cash. Although seeing Marc Warren with that tache was weird... but then, I hate mustaches anyway...

Just rewatched Fargo. Amazing season of TV, up there with the very very best. Love it.

Anyone still watching True Detective? It's had such bad reviews and I was so underwhelmed I'm thinking of not bothering. Only seen the first 2.

Anyone still watching True Detective? It's had such bad reviews and I was so underwhelmed I'm thinking of not bothering. Only seen the first 2.

Before I watched ep 5 I'd have said hell no. The first four episodes are really poor.

However episode 5 was great and I'm back in love with what makes this show have great moments.

Before I watched ep 5 I'd have said hell no. The first four episodes are really poor.

However episode 5 was great and I'm back in love with what makes this show have great moments.

Agree, the story is finally starting to take shape which I think helps. Finally unleashing Farrell is also a good move, he's ideal for the 'your worst self is your best self' tag line. Kitsch has surprised me throughout though, he's a far actor better than I had realised. Actually looking forward to each new episode again now, it's like they're rewarding us, for enduring the first three episodes.

I'm surprised Kitsch hasn't made more of his career to be honest. He was fanastic throughout FNL and wasn't given nearly enough credit for his performances. Tim Riggins is one of the best ante-heroes in TV.

Looking forward to marathoning the complete X-Files boxset while my rents are off on thier annual holiday...

You're confusing me now Sonic. This 'rents' word, is it a shortening of your parents title, or are you a landlord with multiple tenants? I'm sure the truth is out there somewhere.

I'm surprised Kitsch hasn't made more of his career to be honest. He was fanastic throughout FNL and wasn't given nearly enough credit for his performances. Tim Riggins is one of the best ante-heroes in TV.

He did star in the film JOHN CARTER which was ok.

To be fair, he has been in and around big productions a while now, John Carter above, although not great was a big Disney production, Battleship, same category, he even played Gambit in X-Men, a role I'd like to see reprised in a larger capacity, especially now he's seemingly a little more refined in his skill set. Since he's starred in Lone Soldier and now TD. He seems to have done his time proving he can lead with big budgets, and is using that to get him stronger more challenging roles. Kudos to him.

I've not seen him in SNL though, but it sounds like he's acquitted himself well there too. Hopefully he's taking the path Gyllenhaal trod, it's a good path to follow.

Back