• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

American Odyessy
I have been recording this but finally got around to watching it at the weekend. Was blown away with the first episode,and 2 and 3 haven't let be down. If you liked Homeland I think you will love this

The latest TD episode was excellent. Looking forward to the (90 min!) finale next week.

Fallen off my radar. Haven't watched any since episode 2, not sure I can be bothered to sit through 3 toilet episodes to get to the good ones.

American Odyessy
I have been recording this but finally got around to watching it at the weekend. Was blown away with the first episode,and 2 and 3 haven't let be down. If you liked Homeland I think you will love this

Looked like Homeland-lite and didn't grab me at all.

Finished season 1 of Sons of Anarchy, very good! Now onto season 2.

I loved SOA, but season three was a bit tough going, but plough through, it's worth it.

The latest TD episode was excellent. Looking forward to the (90 min!) finale next week.

Even before 'the' ending, I thought last nights was the best this season. Really looking forward to seeing where they are go from here. There's bound to be some heartbreak too, it's just working out who for, or who will avoid it I suppose is more apt.

I loved SOA, but season three was a bit tough going, but plough through, it's worth it

I got past 3 and it was painful, but season 4 is going a lot better. The fact the Hoff and Danny Trejo are in it makes it worth watching.

Wet Hot American Summer - pasted all over Netflix recently. I took a gamble and watched the first 3 episodes and even after 3 I'm unsure. Although I admire the original cast being reassembled and the hat full of A-list celebs it carries, i am slightly disappointed. The first episode isn't too bad but afterwards goes down hill and by episode 3 it's lost parity and headed off on a surreal path (would of preferred this from episode 1). Say that I'll probably watch the rest Adhoc over the next few weeks. -

Wet Hot American Summer - pasted all over Netflix recently. I took a gamble and watched the first 3 episodes and even after 3 I'm unsure. Although I admire the original cast being reassembled and the hat full of A-list celebs it carries, i am slightly disappointed. The first episode isn't too bad but afterwards goes down hill and by episode 3 it's lost parity and headed off on a surreal path (would of preferred this from episode 1). Say that I'll probably watch the rest Adhoc over the next few weeks. -

thats a shame, was looking forward to watching this. maybe "too" american?

thats a shame, was looking forward to watching this. maybe "too" american?

Have either of you seen the film? The Guardian bigged it up at a "cult classic" and I did acquire it, but I'm not sure it's my thing.

Finished season 1 of Sons of Anarchy, very good! Now onto season 2.

I got past 3 and it was painful, but season 4 is going a lot better. The fact the Hoff and Danny Trejo are in it makes it worth watching.

They do well in who they get to star in the series. Trejo was definitely a highlight, Rollins too. Is Jimmy Smits in it yet? He was one of my favourites as well. Last series is name ladden, but I'll patiently wait for you to get there.

Watched six episodes of Wet Hot American Summer now and I think it's definitely a love-it-or-won't-get-it show. It's a great pastiche of 70/80s Americana and there's a lot of good material in there, but it does get a bit bogged down in being meta sometimes. It's a bit like when Community tried to be too clever for its own good circa season four. Definitely an enjoyable enough watch though.

Jesus! The start of season 5 of sons of anarchy is brutal! Season 4 was a hell of a lot better than 3 a very twists that I didn't see coming.

Season 3 of SoA was the baby/Northern Ireland one ?

That was easily the worst of the 7 series, I only watched it because a mate told me it got better again.

Season 3 of SoA was the baby/Northern Ireland one ?

That was easily the worst of the 7 series, I only watched it because a mate told me it got better again.

Yep that's the one. It dragged so much and everyone said its the worst and so far the others have been decent!

Caught up with the first 2 episodes of French crime drama Witnesses last night. Really good stuff, dark and moody. Highly recommended to fans of The Bridge, The Killing, Spiral etc. Wednesdays on C4.

They do well in who they get to star in the series. Trejo was definitely a highlight, Rollins too. Is Jimmy Smits in it yet? He was one of my favourites as well. Last series is name ladden, but I'll patiently wait for you to get there.

Jimmy Smits is in it now and it took me a while where I knew him from. He was Miguel Prado in Dexter.

Jimmy Smits is in it now and it took me a while where I knew him from. He was Miguel Prado in Dexter.

I knew him from LA Law.

Marilyn Manson was the strangest one, not sure he would have appeared yet. Took a while to realise who he was.

Back