• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Lego Documentary - Excellent stuff, looks a lovely (if slightly cultish) place to work, though I'm still not 100% sure if grown men building Lego is a bit tragic or utterly cool (says the man with an Lego X-Wing fighter).

Humans - Meh.

Utterly cool (says the man with a Lego Mos Eisley Cantina and the Ghostbusters Ecto 1)

From Friday - TFI Friday. Please, please make it stop. Tragic.

Lego Documentary - Excellent stuff, looks a lovely (if slightly cultish) place to work, though I'm still not 100% sure if grown men building Lego is a bit tragic or utterly cool (says the man with an Lego X-Wing fighter).

Humans - Meh.

I watched Human's like night. I really enjoyed it

TFI Friday - hit and miss. Last 3 minutes were a big miss, but there were moments of genius in there. Although if they had continued with the stare-off competition prize only for one winner, that would have been incredible.

I've just watched the first two episodes of season 1 of The Wire, please can someone tell me that it gets better because I'm not overly sucked in yet.

I've just watched the first two episodes of season 1 of The Wire, please can someone tell me that it gets better because I'm not overly sucked in yet.
It does get better and better, but if you're expecting 24 you're going to be disappointed.

It does get better and better, but if you're expecting 24 you're going to be disappointed.

I don't know what I'm expecting, it seems more on the lines of a cross between The Shield and Luther.

True Detective S2 - Hmm, not sure. Seems a bit riddled with cliched characters, and the standard TD misery - the ****ed up alcoholic copper, the gang land kingpin trying to go straight, the dodgy Russian mafia. Of course I'll stick with it but hopefully it'll improve.

True Detective S2 - Hmm, not sure. Seems a bit riddled with cliched characters, and the standard TD misery - the ****ed up alcoholic copper, the gang land kingpin trying to go straight, the dodgy Russian mafia. Of course I'll stick with it but hopefully it'll improve.

seemed to lack the spark of the first season, I agree, but obviously I'll stick with it.

They got any good ones on lately? Vaguely recognized one last week but had no idea about the rest.

Syd Little was probably the most well known of this week's lot. Mica Paris and Sam Nixon both went through. You probably heard of her, Sam was on of the Pop Idol finalists in its 2nd year, later carved out first a pop career then a children's presenter career with the guy who came 2nd that year, Mark Rhodes. Actress Amanda Donohue was also in this week, she wasn't very good! Paralympian Danny Crates made up the five - which was interesting as he has only one arm....not many concessions were made for him, though Gregg did help him a little.

Sheree Murphy (ex Emmerdale actress) and the one and only Chesney Hawkes went through last week from a line up that included ex Blue Peter presenter Yvette Fielding, Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding and Holby's Tish Potter.

Next week we have Corry's Craig Gazey, another Girls Aloud member, Kimberley Wyatt, another ex Blue Peter presenter Andy Akinwolere, Arlene Phillips and reality star Rylan Clark. The final 5 are Eastender's Scott Maslen, Strictly pro Natalie Lowe, The Wanted's Tom Parker, journalist Samira Ahmed and Keith Chegwin.

I've heard of about five of those, all in. Strictly is watched on a totty-based scale (so the last one I watched had Danni Harmer in it) but at least I don't need a spell checker and Wikipedia to tell me who I'm watching.

Back