• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

The penultimate Mad Men.....boy what an episode....Don't look at the spoilers if you haven't seen it... but...

Spoiler:  
My god, poor Betty and Sally Draper. :sad:

The penultimate Mad Men.....boy what an episode....Don't look at the spoilers if you haven't seen it... but...

Spoiler:  
My god, poor Betty and Sally Draper. :sad:

What a show. It will be much missed. Must make sure to have some good booze at the ready for Thursday night.

What a show. It will be much missed. Must make sure to have some good booze at the ready for Thursday night.

You'll enjoy it immensely. Huge spoilers below, so save it until you've watched it and not been naughty like me.

Spoiler:  
Asked a few questions though.....mostly everyone ended on a positive note (obviously not Betty, and Sally becomming the mother-role that she'd so rejected), loved the rom-comedy between Peggy & Stan. The question is, did Don smile at the camera at the very end because he'd rejected his past, or did the hippy commune inspire him to create one of the most memorable adverts ever, and hence his move back into the advertising game? Very, very clever.

Luther - just watched 3 episodes of season 1 and I'm pretty impressed especially as it's a BBC series. Shame that their is only 6 episodes in season 1 and 4 in seasons 2&3.

Anyone else seen any of the Night Bus on Channel 4? Quite odd, I'm still undecided as to whether it's a complete waste of time or really good TV. Fascinating to watch some of the relationships and backgrounds people have in everyday life and going on around us all the time that we never even realise.

The Affair - Lauded US Show, starring Dominic West. Looking pretty good, testimony from 2 witnesses to a crime(?) that is different every time.

Finished season 1 of Luther and very impressed with it. Easy watching and Idris Elba is excellent in it. Looking forward to season 2&3.

You'll enjoy it immensely. Huge spoilers below, so save it until you've watched it and not been naughty like me.

Spoiler:  
Asked a few questions though.....mostly everyone ended on a positive note (obviously not Betty, and Sally becomming the mother-role that she'd so rejected), loved the rom-comedy between Peggy & Stan. The question is, did Don smile at the camera at the very end because he'd rejected his past, or did the hippy commune inspire him to create one of the most memorable adverts ever, and hence his move back into the advertising game? Very, very clever.

I make you right with the latter theory MK. Wonderful show, haven't stopped thinking about it since last night.

Roger Sterling one of my all-time favourite TV characters and Peggy Olsen one of the all-time most interesting.

I make you right with the latter theory MK. Wonderful show, haven't stopped thinking about it since last night.

Roger Sterling one of my all-time favourite TV characters and Peggy Olsen one of the all-time most interesting.

McCann Erickson is a real company. Who knew?

Orange is the new black.

Missus and I have just watched the first season. It's good, not incredible but perfectly watchable. 3rd season comes out on netflix in a few weeks I think.

Everyone on here tends to post about the 'cool' TV programs they have watched. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I'm about to admit that I watched the Britain's Got Talent final on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed the entire show. My favourites were Old Men Grooving (obviously an age affinity). There you go, I've said it now, there's no taking it back.

Everyone on here tends to post about the 'cool' TV programs they have watched. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I'm about to admit that I watched the Britain's Got Talent final on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed the entire show. My favourites were Old Men Grooving (obviously an age affinity). There you go, I've said it now, there's no taking it back.

Ha, good on you! Must admit, I had money on BGT so did watch the final (not that my bet won, bloody dogs).

Recorded Springwatch the other day with a view to seeing if the kids would be interested. They weren't, but the bit where a hungry badger swam across and to an islet and treated himself to a large breakfast of avocet eggs was sad to see :'(

Orange is the new black.

Missus and I have just watched the first season. It's good, not incredible but perfectly watchable. 3rd season comes out on netflix in a few weeks I think.
Yep, out on 12th June I think it is. Pretty good series, has it's full/overly complicated moments but on the whole it's very good. Will be interesting to see where the 3rd series takes it.

From Friday - TFI Friday. Please, please make it stop. Tragic.

Lego Documentary - Excellent stuff, looks a lovely (if slightly cultish) place to work, though I'm still not 100% sure if grown men building Lego is a bit tragic or utterly cool (says the man with an Lego X-Wing fighter).

Humans - Meh.

Back