• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What are you reading?

Got the Dresden Files omnibus graphic novel coming for Christmas, so that should be fun to read. Had hoped for the illustrated Harry Potter as well but no complaints here.

The British General Election of 2015 by Philip Cowley and Dennis Kavanagh.

Fascinating read for political junkies, especially in a period when there's no Daily Politics,Newsnight etc

Just started Chrissie Hynde's autobiography Reckless.Enjoyable.

Glad to see she spent some time growing up in Cuyahoga Falls, where Grumpy Blue and I stayed and also at Kent State U. where we'd go drinking, just a few years later.

Last edited:
Just finished The Walking Dead compendium 3, superb, Negan comes along and you think it can't get any worse than him until you meet the Whisperers.

Now starting the Force Awakens novel.

i got Michael Calvin's Living On The Volcano for my birthday. Fairly interesting though one thing that comes across is how much they love themselves.
the Martin Ling stuff was really good at the start but it's not as good as the scouting one.
i wanted to get it as soon as because these things go out of date so quick. the garry monk chapter has gone out of date pretty quick, as has some quip in the Brendan Rodgers chapter about Klopp and Guardiola managing in England soon. show's how quick people in football go from hero to villain.

also i was reading the Brendan Rodgers chapter this morning, bit suffering from the weekend, bit Monday morning, and i felt queasy.

interesting-ish but don't go mental for it. they don't half talk some crap

Back