• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What are you reading?

Fairy snuff. I do little else, it seems, at times, so it's quite nice to settle in on the bus with podcasts and books, the odd game of solitaire.

Oh, no, not that trick. Kindles are evil sods for "oh, look, that's going cheap, and so's that, and that and that" and before you know it you've spent a fortune on books!

or you could join a library. controversial i know. I have 10 books on loan at any one time normally.

I live in a backwater in Gloucester. I'm lucky if it has one book worth reading.

Remembered I had Dorothy Must Die on the tablet. It's basically "Dorothy Gale went evil and took over Oz". Pretty good so far... explains the ridiculous winds today as well...

Slowcoach. Reading age of 18 in year six, the only thing that slows me down is A Song of Ice and Fire.

QBC5foQmcOkdq.gif

MERP MERP! That episode where he ran away needs to die in acid and fire.

(Anyone know if there's any Pingu books? Never saw any when I was younger but it wouldn't surprise me).

Sounds good. My wife and are going to see Billy Bragg at The Union Chapel on Tuesday week. I may use that opportunity to drop some Christmas hints...

Should be a great gig.:thumbsup:Hopefully it'll turn up on the box soon.

Just got his Still Suitable for Miners autobiography yesterday.Looks like a good read too.

It is. I can't get on with any other McCarthy books but The Road left a definite imprint.

Know what you mean though I enjoyed No Country for Old Men after seeing the film.

Been lent a copy of Child of God and I'll give that a whirl when I can, though it doesn't really look like my sort of thing.

It is excellent.Though that scene (as in the film) is hard to take.

It is. I can't get on with any other McCarthy books but The Road left a definite imprint.

****ing hell. Shouldn't have finished The Road ahead of a day at work, I feel shattered now.

When you refer to *that* scene, there were at least three bits that I found particularly harrowing (but superbly delivered by the author). To which are you referring?

Spoiler:  
Finding all those people trapped in the cellar

Spoiler:  
Catching the bloke who stole their cart and forcing him to strip at gunpoint and leaving him to die

Spoiler:  
The death of the ftaher

Back