• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What are you reading?

****ing hell. Shouldn't have finished The Road ahead of a day at work, I feel shattered now.

When you refer to *that* scene, there were at least three bits that I found particularly harrowing (but superbly delivered by the author). To which are you referring?

Ahem

Spoiler:  
The just delivered dead baby, gutted and roasted on a spit

Now I feel depressed :sad:

****ing hell. Shouldn't have finished The Road ahead of a day at work, I feel shattered now.

When you refer to *that* scene, there were at least three bits that I found particularly harrowing (but superbly delivered by the author). To which are you referring?

Ahem

Spoiler:  
The just delivered dead baby, gutted and roasted on a spit

Now I feel depressed :sad:

Ah yes. That was pretty awful too. :'(

God, this audiobook of Dracula is awful. I get that it's Victorian but does everyone have to sound like such a prat that they may as well stick their stakes up each other's arses? JUST STAKE THE EVIL ******* ALREADY!

Second book of Danny Baker's - it's brilliant, there was one piece in particular which had me in fits of laughter. The pages on Gazza were good as well.

Just read a rubbish crime book The Jigsaw Man - cliched, formulaic and predictable

Now reading one book which is incredible - House of Leaves by Danielewski.

Second book of Danny Baker's - it's brilliant, there was one piece in particular which had me in fits of laughter. The pages on Gazza were good as well.

Echo that. If true (I'm sure it is) then its a terrible shame he couldn't be just Paul Gascoigne in the spotlight but had to play up to his image.

God, this audiobook of Dracula is awful. I get that it's Victorian but does everyone have to sound like such a prat that they may as well stick their stakes up each other's arses? JUST STAKE THE EVIL ******* ALREADY!

Perhaps you should just read the novel instead? :unsure:

It's a wonderful read.

I read it about 20 years ago and loved it. But a mate read it more recently and said he couldn't get on with it at all.

I think my young mind was warped by Hammer....

Hammer%202.jpg

Future Crimes by Marc Goodman, a book about the Internet and Technology and how vulnerable as a society we are and will be in the future. Certainly makes you think!

Just picked up Kevin Barry's Beatlebone, a fictional account of John Lennon's trip to his small island off the west coast of Ireland.Fascinating.

Back