• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't doubt how much Ricky values the trust sponsorship Kay. That wasn't my point. My point was that how comes the Trust committee feel able to donate/sponsor such a large amount of money to one part of the whole club and feel that it is not necessary to consult its members, yet when another part of the same club come asking for less sponsorship then we have to have this debate and a vote? I may be being extremely stupid but I can't see how the trust are willing TO HELP the youth setup yet seem to want TO HINDER the 1st team setup?

I personally have never really cared much about the youth setup, though there are those on the committee who are passionate about it.

In my own view I feel the club should be paying for their own youth setup all together and that the trust should be there for the club and 1st team affairs only.

James if you want to be able to have more of a say and be involved more join the trust committee mate.

A good youth academy will prove to be invaluable to the club in the future as that will be the only way they will secure transfer fees! It takes time and Crewe have a massive advantage as they are practically a feeder club to Man Utd.

We have good links with the London clubs however and it is the success of the youth setup that has provided some very promising youngsters that we have managed to offload. Some have come through to play for the first team and whilst they haven't all set the world alight they help us balance the books.

southend4ever - surely the club only needs to liaise with the Trust prior to organising the tour if the Trusts money was going to be crucuial to the tour taking place. It sounds to me as though the club are having the tour regardless and have said to the Trust something like "Look, we broached this a couple of months ago and you said you'd think about contributing to the Tour. We've got sponsorship for £10k and if you could donate £5k towards the balance it would be very welcomed."

Nothing wrong with that at all in my opinion. The club don't need to be answerable to the Trust regarding their arrangements. If the Trust doesn't want to help, then don't. It's quite simple. Keep all the money and income and call it the "Potentially new SUFC club if SUFC goes bust Trust." The club then never need to ask as they know it will be refused, and the motto could change to "To stash the cash in case Ron takes us to the wall".

Hey, Yes I agree. I said I wasn't entirely aware of the relationship but if that's the case then there is nothing wrong with this at all.

A good youth academy will prove to be invaluable to the club in the future as that will be the only way they will secure transfer fees! It takes time and Crewe have a massive advantage as they are practically a feeder club to Man Utd.

We have good links with the London clubs however and it is the success of the youth setup that has provided some very promising youngsters that we have managed to offload. Some have come through to play for the first team and whilst they haven't all set the world alight they help us balance the books.

Id be interested in knowing how much we have made and the cost of doing so.

We have had some success with a few players moving to premiership clubs and as we arent spending anywhere near what Crewe do Id hope its not losing money.

Id be interested in knowing how much we have made and the cost of doing so.

We have had some success with a few players moving to premiership clubs and as we arent spending anywhere near what Crewe do Id hope its not losing money.

Couldn't say how much we've made, but I'm sure someone can add up the players who have moved on and been sold through our youth set up.

However, with the new EPPP we will be spending around £315k per year on our academy, Crewe would be spending closer to £1 million. It is a long term thing and all it takes is one gem and it will pay for itself over a few years, or the even better solution IMO, ending up with talented young players in our first team to earn us promotion therefore increasing gates, revenue etc etc

Can anyone provide me with a link to the written Trust Objectives and in particular the objectives of the fund raising please?

Many thanks.

I have a sombrero and a straw donkey I am happy to lend the tour as long as it comes back in the same condition.

Can anyone provide me with a link to the written Trust Objectives and in particular the objectives of the fund raising please?

Many thanks.

If you're a member, suggest you contact the Trust through the website. Not sure this information would be on there necessarily - haven't looked though tbh.

If you're a member, suggest you contact the Trust through the website. Not sure this information would be on there necessarily - haven't looked though tbh.

He's not a member but I am.It's a legitimate question though.What are "the written Trust Objectives and in particular the objectives of the fund raising please"?

He's not a member but I am.It's a legitimate question though.What are "the written Trust Objectives and in particular the objectives of the fund raising please"?

Same applies as what I said before, go through the website to ask questions like this.

Same applies as what I said before, go through the website to ask questions like this.

I am not a Trust member for what are probably becoming obvious reasons but I was rather hoping that some of those people, who collect money for the Trust or some of those who pay money to the Trust or some of those who represent the Trust, would read this site and therefore be able to answer what are simple questions.

If those questions are too difficult can anyone on the site, who collected or contributed to the bucket collections when SUFC were threatened with winding up, please explain the objective of those collections?

Why do people join the Trust and contribute money if its objectives are not clearly stated?

As a member of the old Supporters Club our objectives were clear - to help the club in any way possible. My understanding from this thread is that these are not the objectives of the Trust.

So what are they? Surely the members should know or otherwise why join? Or are they a secret? If they are unknown why would anyone join? Why are they not on the website?

Any clarification would be most welcome.

Back