• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why do people join the Trust and contribute money if its objectives are not clearly stated?

I joined because I thought there might be a need for some sort of supporters organisation to take over the running of the club, if SUFC went tits up, as happened with Bournemouth,Exeter etc.I no longer believe the Trust is capable of fulfilling that sort of role(if indeed it ever was).

I am not a Trust member for what are probably becoming obvious reasons but I was rather hoping that some of those people, who collect money for the Trust or some of those who pay money to the Trust or some of those who represent the Trust, would read this site and therefore be able to answer what are simple questions.

If those questions are too difficult can anyone on the site, who collected or contributed to the bucket collections when SUFC were threatened with winding up, please explain the objective of those collections?

Why do people join the Trust and contribute money if its objectives are not clearly stated?

As a member of the old Supporters Club our objectives were clear - to help the club in any way possible. My understanding from this thread is that these are not the objectives of the Trust.

So what are they? Surely the members should know or otherwise why join? Or are they a secret? If they are unknown why would anyone join? Why are they not on the website?

Any clarification would be most welcome.

The trust is there to support and ensure the safe running of Southend United FC.

Now the situation we face is one that in my opinion bordering on irresponsible running of a football club where by something has been planned by the football club with funds they can't afford.

Now they have assumed that the trust will fork out - we are at a catch 22 siutation here

On one hand we are there to help and we should do what we can BUT on the other hand we can't allow reckless behavior from the football club like this.

In my view as an individual and this does not represent the views of everybody on the committee are that we should not help the club in this instance and redress a certain degree of power. A football club should be respectful of its fans NOT take advantage.

This is not an easy call by any means

I joined because I thought there might be a need for some sort of supporters organisation to take over the running of the club, if SUFC went tits up, as happened with Bournemouth,Exeter etc.I no longer believe the Trust is capable of fulfilling that sort of role(if indeed it ever was).

And what makes you say that?

The history of the Shrimpers Trust since its formation and in particular its failure to build up any sort of realistic fighting fund sufficent to take over the running of SUFC.

Building up a fighting fund of any substantial level would in my view mean that we would have never been able to help the club in all the things we have done in the past.

What your suggesting is shut up all outgoings and build and build then strike when SUFC is on its knees and take over?

Thanks Napster but I cannot see this information on here.

Is there a specific page to look at?

the written objectives can be found under objectives, which is under 'about the shrimperstrust' which is on the front page
There is also here a link to 'where does your money go' and FAQ's

I'm not sure what else you are looking for

Shrimpers trust. = rons little ball who he bounces up
and down when he wants.
If ron says prices must go up. Trust agrees
if ron says give me money. Trust agrees

the written objectives can be found under objectives, which is under 'about the shrimperstrust' which is on the front page
There is also here a link to 'where does your money go' and FAQ's

I'm not sure what else you are looking for

Whatever else he may be looking for, as you suggest,this is the only place he'll find any information on the Trust website itself.

Building up a fighting fund of any substantial level would in my view mean that we would have never been able to help the club in all the things we have done in the past.

What your suggesting is shut up all outgoings and build and build then strike when SUFC is on its knees and take over?

That's more or less the gist of it, certainly cutting out fripperies like supporting club tours of Scotland and Spain.(FWIW,I approve of the Trust's support of the Youth team set up).
Let's face it, the Chairman has structured things so that SUFC's fate is inevitably tied up with his.If the move to FF goes through, our future is uncertain but he certainly wouldn't be around much longer afterwards.If FF doesn't happen and we stay at Roots Hall, then the need for another entity to take over asap would become imperative.

Last edited:
That's more or less the gist of it, certainly cutting out fripperies like supporting club tours of Scotland and Spain.(FWIW,I approve of the Trust's support of the Youth team set up).
Let's face it, the Chairman has structured things so that SUFC 's fate is inevitably tied up with his.If the move to FF goes through, our future is uncertain but he certainly wouldn't be around much longer afterwards.If FF doesn't happen and we stay at Roots Hall then the need for another entity to take over would become imperative.

Interesting take on things and a point I shall ask to be put on the agenda for our next trust meeting as maybe a vote to our membership should be given to decide the direction the trust should be moving in.

Would you be happy for me to raise that agenda item?

Interesting take on things and a point I shall ask to be put on the agenda for our next trust meeting as maybe a vote to our membership should be given to decide the direction the trust should be moving in.

Would you be happy for me to raise that agenda item?

Fine.But(as I said before)I have no confidence in the Trust's ability to take over the eventual running of SUFC(should that become necessary at some future point).
To paraphrase LBJ, I've always preferred to be inside the tent ****ing out rather than outside and ****ing in.Which is why, I suppose,I've never resigned my Trust membership.

Fine.But(as I said before)I have no confidence in the Trust's ability to take over the eventual running of SUFC(should that become necessary at some future point).To paraphrase LBJ, I've always preferred to be inside the tent ****ing out rather outside and ****ing in.

So what or who on the committee do you not agree with? only through input can we change anything!

So what or who on the committee do you not agree with? only through input can we change anything!

As far as I'm aware,I don't know anyone on the committee, personally.In any case, it's not about personalities(IMO),it's about(or should be about)abilities.Someone like mfurok,for example,if you could get ever him on board (which I doubt)has the sort of business acumen which would be invaluabe to the Trust.

As far as I'm aware,I don't know anyone on the committee, personally.In any case, it's not about personalities(IMO),it's about(or should be about)abilities.Someone like mfurok,for example,if you could get ever him on board (which I doubt)has the sort of business acumen which would be invaluabe to the Trust.

Do you know personally the man in question?

But if you don't know anyone on the committee then how the hell do you know what acumen and abilities they possess?

But if you don't know anyone on the committee then how the hell do you know what acumen and abilities they possess?

I said I don't know any of them personally(as far as I'm aware).I've heard quite a lot about a few of them and follow Trust matters quite closely(from a distance).

The current committee has people from all kinds of backgrounds like marketing, banking and teaching to name a few

Back