• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I would like a GK , Wing back, a proven creative mid as well as Pedder, and another striker

Donā€™t think the budget stretches that far.

All of our players that signed new deals rightly got pay increases for the **** they had to put up with. That would have made a dent in the budget.

RM was very ā€œlooseā€ with his budgets, whereas the impressions I get from COSU is that budgets are very fixed in place. Whether over 4000 season tickets and about 1000 shirts will have made a difference to them I donā€™t know.

They certainly wonā€™t be splashing the cash like Wrexham did.

Not good news for Wood if we sign Pedder? They play the same position?
Or perhaps Wood could learn lessons about being more effective and attacking just go for it because he has the talent doesn't heI don't think Kev gets the best out of him tbh ,thats just my opinion of course ...

Donā€™t think the budget stretches that far.

All of our players that signed new deals rightly got pay increases for the **** they had to put up with. That would have made a dent in the budget.

RM was very ā€œlooseā€ with his budgets, whereas the impressions I get from COSU is that budgets are very fixed in place. Whether over 4000 season tickets and about 1000 shirts will have made a difference to them I donā€™t know.

They certainly wonā€™t be splashing the cash like Wrexham did.
I don't think the list of players you were replying back to constitutes 'splashing the cash'. Of course, it would stretch the budget but I don't think people are asking for 'Wrexham like' spending if they are asking for two creative midfielders. Pedder alone isn't going to be enough to challenge the top 3. It's a lot to ask of him to come in and make the difference on his own. If we were to get him and Moncur, so they could rotate, that would be most welcome.

I don't think the list of players you were replying back to constitutes 'splashing the cash'. Of course, it would stretch the budget but I don't think people are asking for 'Wrexham like' spending if they are asking for two creative midfielders. Pedder alone isn't going to be enough to challenge the top 3. It's a lot to ask of him to come in and make the difference on his own. If we were to get him and Moncur, so they could rotate, that would be most welcome.

We have no idea what they are asking for. If Tshimanga and Moncur would be coming in, weā€™d be paying a percentage of that wage. They are on big money, very big for a National League club.

As I say, Kev has a budget to work to. I donā€™t think if we pull off the four priority positions we will have enough left to bring anyone of significant quality as a ā€œnice to haveā€. Yes, potentially loans that we arenā€™t paying a percentage of wages, but permanent Iā€™d wouldnā€™t have thought so.

Iā€™m not privy to budget information in terms of figures or even a percentage it has been increased or decreased. Just making an education guess on this.

We have no idea what they are asking for. If Tshimanga and Moncur would be coming in, weā€™d be paying a percentage of that wage. They are on big money, very big for a National League club.

As I say, Kev has a budget to work to. I donā€™t think if we pull off the four priority positions we will have enough left to bring anyone of significant quality as a ā€œnice to haveā€. Yes, potentially loans that we arenā€™t paying a percentage of wages, but permanent Iā€™d wouldnā€™t have thought so.

Iā€™m not privy to budget information in terms of figures or even a percentage it has been increased or decreased. Just making an education guess on this.
Do you think tshimanga or moncur are genuine possibilities?

Do you think tshimanga or moncur are genuine possibilities?
That's a question for COSU. It would probably mean going beyond the budget, even only paying a percentage of the wage expected. They will be weighing everything up with players like these. Is it worth breaking the budget, dipping into their own pockets(Again), and taking the gamble. If in the promotion spots all season, they could recoup some with increased attendances, and all the spin offs. But if the gamble doesn't pay off?

Not meant as a criticism or big moan, but I was expecting a few more 'ready to complete once take over sorted' moves.
Gubbins and walker are good signings, no doubt but to not have a no.2 keeper lined up seems odd, 1 week to season and all that.
Is the budget tighter than a gnats chuff?
Again not throwing shade at anyone just a question or two.
Did the delay in takeover happening obliterate the list of players wanted?
For example I can't believe they didn't want Hayes back in....went to Barnet I believe. And now a bit of scrabbling around. I fully understand players not waiting around of course, bills to pay etc.

Not meant as a criticism or big moan, but I was expecting a few more 'ready to complete once take over sorted' moves.
Gubbins and walker are good signings, no doubt but to not have a no.2 keeper lined up seems odd, 1 week to season and all that.
Is the budget tighter than a gnats chuff?
Again not throwing shade at anyone just a question or two.
Did the delay in takeover happening obliterate the list of players wanted?
For example I can't believe they didn't want Hayes back in....went to Barnet I believe. And now a bit of scrabbling around. I fully understand players not waiting around of course, bills to pay etc.

As Iā€™ve stated, everyone of our players who signed a new deal rightly got pay rises. Not all of them were insignificant.

Iā€™ve given a list of names we were interested in, there is no denying the embargo left us well behind again. Walker & Gubbins were top targets, so we did manage to secure a couple of top targets, but as I hinted at, if the takeover happening earlier, and we secured our top targets (you never get all of them) we wouldnā€™t have the likes of the Saints lad, Pedder on trial.

We havenā€™t just missed out on our first choice target in some instances, weā€™ve missed out on our second and third.

As for Hayes, he moved earlier in the summer, the embargo put paid to that. Same with Jack Sims at Braintree who has moved, and Harrison Male at Dorking who signed for York. Thatā€™s three goalkeepers straight thereā€¦

Back