• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Wonā€™t be long before Barnet have money issues, as they cannot keep up with small crowds of under 2k every home games.

Donā€™t be surprised if we bring more away fans than home fans when we play Barnet on bank holiday weekend.

Yes - how long before people start saying we should follow the Barnet model ............
That's about the only good thing the former chairman was good at........A sell on clause. I heard he used to insist on it. Unlike Barnet though, we didn't have those hidden gem, almost ready made footballers. We did get a few sell on windfalls from some Youths though that went out to big clubs. Usually about 6 or 7 years later when they developed and were sold.

No body is saying blow the budget, sign loads of players, but there must be room for 1 or 2 more even in the most stringent and sensible budgets.

Of course there is. COSU are committed (and looking forward) to bringing in new recruits. The budget is not preventing us bringing those players in.

As others have mentioned, we need the right recruits, not people who will make the numbers up. We need players who will claim a starting XI shirt, who will earn us those extra 10-15 points across a season & who will possibly come with resale value.

I appreciate it can be a slow process & the season is approaching rapidlyā€¦ but give me that mantra over our old one any day.

Does anyone really look back at our old ways of doing things, and feel nostalgic? Panic signings at the 11th hour. Old names from yesteryear here for one final payday. Players jumping up several leagues, far too soon.

That's about the only good thing the former chairman was good at........A sell on clause. I heard he used to insist on it. Unlike Barnet though, we didn't have those hidden gem, almost ready made footballers. We did get a few sell on windfalls from some Youths though that went out to big clubs. Usually about 6 or 7 years later when they developed and were sold.
Yeah. But then he spent the windfall on lawyers / failed planning permission / salary to self or wife / interest on debt / helicopters

Of course there is. COSU are committed (and looking forward) to bringing in new recruits. The budget is not preventing us bringing those players in.

As others have mentioned, we need the right recruits, not people who will make the numbers up. We need players who will claim a starting XI shirt, who will earn us those extra 10-15 points across a season & who will possibly come with resale value.

I appreciate it can be a slow process & the season is approaching rapidlyā€¦ but give me that mantra over our old one any day.

Does anyone really look back at our old ways of doing things, and feel nostalgic? Panic signings at the 11th hour. Old names from yesteryear here for one final payday. Players jumping up several leagues, far too soon.
Indeed the art is not getting to the 11th hour where you need to panic- I am guessing we are just a bit behind because the embargo/sale mucked up a couple of things we hoped would happen

Indeed the art is not getting to the 11th hour where you need to panic- I am guessing we are just a bit behind because the embargo/sale mucked up a couple of things we hoped would happen

Yes I think thatā€™s a fair assumption. Weā€™re behind on lots of things, tbh. For example The East stand only got its safety cert last week. Other areas of the ground still need addressing before the York game too.

The consortium had numerous plans which have had to be put on the back burner - some well publicised, some not - due to the takeover dragging on for longer than anyone could have planned for.

What I can say, with absolute certainty, is that COSU are committed to our club & they intend to take us as high as our proverbial glass ceiling will go.

one big question for me is whether Demetriou will play. if he's got a playing contract he gives us cover for Gus plus versatility to play all over. if he's not playing we need cover for Gus. then we need a back up keeper. beyond that i'm relaxed, but having literally no cover makes me nervous.
Genuine question, who would cover Gus if he can't play?

one big question for me is whether Demetriou will play. if he's got a playing contract he gives us cover for Gus plus versatility to play all over. if he's not playing we need cover for Gus. then we need a back up keeper. beyond that i'm relaxed, but having literally no cover makes me nervous.
Taylor?

Genuine answer: Harry Taylor was thought of as a possible right wingback at first and I think he played there a couple of times for us.
Wood never adds much further forward but unlike better options Powell and Fonguck,is still on our books.

Genuine answer: Harry Taylor was thought of as a possible right wingback at first and I think he played there a couple of times for us.
Wood never adds much further forward but unlike better options Powell and Fonguck,is still on our books.
Based on the first two times I donā€™t think there will be a third- and putting him there is a double whammy as he is our best RCB

Back