• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Article in the Peterborough Telegraph links Tshimanga with a move to Swindon

Think that could spell the end of that then. Shame but we do have 3 very good strikers would be hard for him to have got in with card well and walker easily ahead due to there preseasons. Onto the next I'm personally glad we are not breaking the budget for one player. All part of the live within our means plans

I'm not saying we have enough!

What I'm saying is people are saying only two players in when actually it's 4. And we can call upon youth members which is something that we couldn't do last season.

Thanks for your sarcasm Kent Blues.

An ex colleague messaged me last night to say that we are looking at one a son of his colleagues. I'm guessing local as my mate hasn't changed jobs for going on 17 years and still works in Chelmsford. Trying to get a name from him but its like getting blood from a stone

You think they are doing that?

Come on now, that’s a little silly.

We are run by a proper board now, not Ron. You have to get out the way, let them get on with it and assume that they are not “Dilly Dallying”
Perhaps you need to re-read what I actually wrote, not what you would like to infer I wrote, then have a think - and then post. Maybe do that for all posts you read - that’s a good idea! Then you might not post such nonsense in reply. I’m not going to respond to content I’ve quoted, because it’s clearly just purposefully inflammatory garbage.

When ‘50% sell on’ is quoted, I always thought that was 50% of profit made? Or is it actually 50% of total fee?

either way, it explains some of the funding of Barnet's transfer activity and why they were so active so quickly.

Hopefully, as we develop, increase revenue streams, create success and reduce club debt, that could be us have that muscle in the transfer market in the future, but for now, it it what it is.

Must of missed that. Who was sold on that generated that money for them?

I know Maidenhead had a huge windfall (c.£4m+) for the sell on of Max Kilman from Wolves to the Hammers. Is that who you meant?

Hiya Smiffy, here's the transfer income from my Barnet contact confirming their sell ons and income funding their activity for the most part this pre season:

"We got 50% of Ronnie Edward’s £3m transfer from Peterborough to Soton.
We also got some add-on money from Jack Taylor being part of Ipswich’s squad that got promoted to the EPL.
A little earlier, we started receiving the £1m we are due from Peterborough after they sold Ephron Mason-Clark to Coventry City for £4.25m."

Hiya Smiffy, here's the transfer income from my Barnet contact confirming their sell ons and income funding their activity for the most part this pre season:

We also got some add-on money from Jack Taylor being part of Ipswich’s squad that got promoted to the EPL.
A little earlier, we started receiving the £1m we are due from Peterborough after they sold Ephron Mason-Clark to Coventry City for £4.25m."
Impressive business from Barnet.

No wonder they've signed about 10 players!

Back