• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
im surprised how many expect instant success because on league position last year we finished 5th without the points deduction, other teams would also have strengthened this year ,think off the season prior to last didnt Boringwood finish in the playoffs, yet the season just finished they got relegated just because we finished without the points deduction 5th dosent necassarily mean we will again this year. Other teams will no doubt have strengthened their sides, me if we can finish in the playoffs this season i will be more than happy, to have a chance at promotion or a visit to Wembley will be a successful campaign.

im surprised how many expect instant success because on league position last year we finished 5th without the points deduction, other teams would also have strengthened this year ,think off the season prior to last didnt Boringwood finish in the playoffs, yet the season just finished they got relegated just because we finished without the points deduction 5th dosent necassarily mean we will again this year. Other teams will no doubt have strengthened their sides, me if we can finish in the playoffs this season i will be more than happy, to have a chance at promotion or a visit to Wembley will be a successful campaign.
We would have finished fifth while under an embargo, with one or two players on the bench, with a toxic atmosphere at many home games, and unpaid players uncertain of where their next mortgage payment is coming from. The fact that a few tosspot teams have added a few overrated ****ers doesn't mean that they are going to be able to contend with the mighty new look Shrimpers.

And put a shirt on.

I'm wondering with the great season card sales, sponsorship and shirts etc, the club may be more willing to take the plunge on Tshimanga.

My understanding of the situation is that the player wants to come and we want him, but posh want a large percentage of his wages covered on a season long loan.

I hope a deal can be done
I have a good feeling we will get him

See the first moans are coming in that we arenā€™t signing loads of players or throwing cash at players like Tshimanga or McCallum. Think the consortium was pretty clear theyā€™d not be spending fortunes. Let Kev build a team his way, have faith. He knows what heā€™s after and look at this management teamā€™s record of improving players and bringing them on.

Although I am not advocating wasting money on the wrong player, the fact that we havenā€™t signed anyone for a few weeks and the season is 11 days away is getting a little concerning.

We at least need a couple in before the start of the season.
We need competition in goal, at right wing back and up front. Plus an attacking centre mid. 3 of those, if we signed them tomorrow, will probably be on the bench at the start of the season

Although I am not advocating wasting money on the wrong player, the fact that we havenā€™t signed anyone for a few weeks and the season is 11 days away is getting a little concerning.

We at least need a couple in before the start of the season.
Please refer back to statement one

We need competition in goal, at right wing back and up front. Plus an attacking centre mid. 3 of those, if we signed them tomorrow, will probably be on the bench at the start of the season

All can be signed at shorter notice if/when required.

I donā€™t think carrying a big squad is going to be the style of the new owners/management team.

Have 15/16 players that they know are solid, with a well scouted loan system ready to go to bring in likes of Gubbins/Dackers when needed.

Another forward and CM would be good, but worst case if they come a week or two after the season has startedā€¦but the team know they are solid and the right fitā€¦.so be it. Better than brining in the wrong ones/ones not on budget.

We wonā€™t win/lose the league in the first 2 matches.

People need to get the Ron way of working out there heads.

People cried for a sustainable football clubā€¦we are still miles off itā€¦but welcome!

I donā€™t think carrying a big squad is going to be the style of the new owners/management team.

Have 15/16 players that they know are solid, with a well scouted loan system ready to go to bring in likes of Gubbins/Dackers when needed.

Another forward and CM would be good, but worst case if they come a week or two after the season has startedā€¦but the team know they are solid and the right fitā€¦.so be it. Better than brining in the wrong ones/ones not on budget.

People cried for a sustainable football clubā€¦we are still miles off itā€¦but welcome!
Yes. Exactly. No need to rush. The one Iā€™d like to see through the door is the midfielder, but if we have to wait for the right player then we should do that

I didnā€™t think players can be signed at short notice , by all accounts it takes weeks if not months to sign a player thatā€™s what we get told by those in the know .. so you can put that rhetorical to bed now .. letā€™s see what the week brings

I wasn't advocating signing someone for the sake of it, and yes the GK/RWB/CF will not be going straight into the 1st team, and can wait, but the Gillingham game showed we are still crying out for some attacking flair in midfield. It also is well documented and obviously considered as fact, on Shrimperzone that teams and new players take time to gel. Yes you can't win the league in the first 5 or 6 games, but you can lose it, and we have a really tough start.

Currently we probably cant fill a bench, and if we get off to a poor start and are 10 points off the top after 7 or 8 games, that's a lot to claw back.

Lets hope that there is a little bit of movement soon.

I wasn't advocating signing someone for the sake of it, and yes the GK/RWB/CF will not be going straight into the 1st team, and can wait, but the Gillingham game showed we are still crying out for some attacking flair in midfield. It also is well documented and obviously considered as fact, on Shrimperzone that teams and new players take time to gel. Yes you can't win the league in the first 5 or 6 games, but you can lose it, and we have a really tough start.

Currently we probably cant fill a bench, and if we get off to a poor start and are 10 points off the top after 7 or 8 games, that's a lot to claw back.

Lets hope that there is a little bit of movement soon.

Can you? Annoying that. I always thought it goes until the end of the season.

Thing is are you not more likely to get the right players having spent days or weeks in the process of signing them, as opposed to short notice as required. In part probably why Kev doesnā€™t like loans. You should have the right squad to start with ideally- loans should be in extremis to cover injury crises etc. In the ideal world.

I suspect we will see at least 3 in over the next 2-3 weeks and that will then be a sustainable squad. We shall see.

I think thereā€™s a sensible middle ground here - surely weā€™ll all pleased that for the first time in decades we have grown ups in charge. The finances should be being properly managed. Theyā€™ve only had 5 minutes on the job, so patience is needed.

However, the season is upon us. Kev wants promotion - heā€™s not the ā€˜letā€™s ponce around for a year and work out which end is up, then have a proper go next yearā€™ type. He and the team would benefit from having the squad closer to complete pdq, and therefore itā€™s not surprising one or two peoples bums are starting to squeak.

Hopefully weā€™ll get a couple (at least) of decent bodies in this week - Iā€™m sure every effort is being made to do just that.

I think thereā€™s a sensible middle ground here - surely weā€™ll all pleased that for the first time in decades we have grown ups in charge. The finances should be being properly managed. Theyā€™ve only had 5 minutes on the job, so patience is needed.

However, the season is upon us. Kev wants promotion - heā€™s not the ā€˜letā€™s ponce around for a year and work out which end is up, then have a proper go next yearā€™ type. He and the team would benefit from having the squad closer to complete pdq, and therefore itā€™s not surprising one or two peoples bums are starting to squeak.

Hopefully weā€™ll get a couple (at least) of decent bodies in this week - Iā€™m sure every effort is being made to do just that.

But not at the sacrifice of the budget?

Everyone wanted a sustainable team. Goals of instant promotion might not align with that.

It might take two seasons to rebuild the fan zones, food, sponsorships ect to then to have the money to invest into the squad to become title contenders.

Crying because Ron over spent and ****ed it, then crying because we havenā€™t signed more people is a contradiction.

People want a sustainable football club. Patience will be a huge part of that.

But not at the sacrifice of the budget?

Everyone wanted a sustainable team. Goals of instant promotion might not align with that.

It might take two seasons to rebuild the fan zones, food, sponsorships ect to then to have the money to invest into the squad to become title contenders.

Crying because Ron over spent and ****ed it, then crying because we havenā€™t signed more people is a contradiction.

People want a sustainable football club. Patience will be a huge part of that.
I tried to be clear that I was talking about the middle ground - I.e. sensible budgeting, but not dilly dallying with the budget we have when the season is upon us.

I tried to be clear that I was talking about the middle ground - I.e. sensible budgeting, but not dilly dallying with the budget we have when the season is upon us.

You think they are doing that?

Come on now, thatā€™s a little silly.

We are run by a proper board now, not Ron. You have to get out the way, let them get on with it and assume that they are not ā€œDilly Dallyingā€

Back