• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Kendale replacement should be brilliant on the ball, able to carry the ball out and get moves going in the opponents half.
No slouch in the pace dept
Good enough in the air
Reads the game well.
Good communicator
Easy
You just described Callum Butcher which might explain why he is on the radar if indeed he is.

I doubt we will bring another CM as we already have sixā€¦all be it none seem to want to get in the box and score- coincidently Josh Rees has 6 in 9 already this seasonā€¦as far as I know someone we have studiously ignored despite his connections to the area.

Another forward is obvious

I expect we can't sign anyone now because the players we want are under contract, although they may become available in the summer. I'm led to believe we have availability in the budget but refuse to sign players that will just make up the numbers.
We can sign people under contact- just we would likely need to pay a fee - but correct if we donā€™t want to pay a fee then effectively we are shopping in Oxfam

You just described Callum Butcher which might explain why he is on the radar if indeed he is.

I doubt we will bring another CM as we already have sixā€¦all be it none seem to want to get in the box and score- coincidently Josh Rees has 6 in 9 already this seasonā€¦as far as I know someone we have studiously ignored despite his connections to the area.

Another forward is obvious
I don't know anything about Butcher.

More like the Donkey Sanctuary shop
And of course loads of foolish or poorly advised players who are out of contract for self inflicted reasons- Pedder and Kabalongo spring to mind. The pool of out of contract players is not a happy hunting ground which is why players post EFL window reluctantly accepting a drop down the leagues and a pay cut may actually be the best bet for permanent signings. But they wonā€™t be match fit.

Or loans.

Or prize open the wallet which seems to be the last resort- but might yet have to happen. Sustainably and with regret.

Ive no idea if Butcher will be a success here as he is in the past his prime category and you seem to either get a true pro like MAF or Goater or you get a final pay day type of attitude, i do know that he will bring experience , leadership , height and aggression to the team and being a local lad he will want to do well in front of his friends and family

I don't know anything about Butcher.
On recent departure from Motherwell Scottish Prem played 30 games last season for them in Central defence

"Calum Butcher has been a top professional and is a real leader here. Particularly last year, he was at the heart of our defence that was a key part of us turning around result. We offered Calum a contract however terms couldnā€™t be agreed and as a result, he will now move on."

ā€œHe is a top-professional, a pleasure to work with and a great guy. I send my best wishes to him for the future.

Ive no idea if Butcher will be a success here as he is in the past his prime category and you seem to either get a true pro like MAF or Goater or you get a final pay day type of attitude, i do know that he will bring experience , leadership , height and aggression to the team and being a local lad he will want to do well in front of his friends and family
Heā€™s only 6-1 isnā€™t he ? Thatā€™s not overly tall

Itā€™s probably unfair but I associate signings from Scottish clubs with relegation

Joe Shaugnessy, Steven Hammell, Mark Oxley, Rob Kiernan, Greg Halford, Nathan Ralph, Mark Milligan, Andy Thomsonā€¦

Iā€™m sure weā€™ve managed to sign someone from a Scottish club who hasnā€™t been relegated but they just donā€™t come to mind.

Itā€™s probably unfair but I associate signings from Scottish clubs with relegation

Joe Shaugnessy, Steven Hammell, Mark Oxley, Rob Kiernan, Greg Halford, Nathan Ralph, Mark Milligan, Andy Thomsonā€¦

Iā€™m sure weā€™ve managed to sign someone from a Scottish club who hasnā€™t been relegated but they just donā€™t come to mind.
Would love to see peak (and fit) Andy Thomson at this level.

Back