• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Wonder if we will get anyone today not as desperate as was this time last week it still would be nice though.
Do me eyes deceive me? A post that regards transfer activity?! You sir have no place on this thread. Be gone with you!

Joking aside, it is by no means 'urgent', but it would be a real Brucie Bonus if we were to have another one in by tomorrow to really give the place an extra buzz. I am intrigued to see who this potential striker is, especially as it's not Effiong.

Do me eyes deceive me? A post that regards transfer activity?! You sir have no place on this thread. Be gone with you!

Joking aside, it is by no means 'urgent', but it would be a real Brucie Bonus if we were to have another one in by tomorrow to really give the place an extra buzz. I am intrigued to see who this potential striker is, especially as it's not Effiong.
Yeah, any clues at all? All seems very hush, hush on it. Exciting.

I don't know about anybody else who hears bits and pieces, but I don't know for sure that another striker is lined-up instead of Effiong. I just suggested that might be the case. There was no concrete knowledge behind that suggestion. All I was told, as a mixture from a couple of different sources, is that:
  • our interest in Effiong has cooled
  • there is confidence internally that 2 or 3 new signings would be in the door soon
  • that one name we're "close to signing" could excite fans
I don't know for sure that a striker (or indeed any signing) is super imminent, and I haven't heard a name or position for said "exciting" signing, but there is definitely a little bit of noise.

Would be great if we can get at least one new signing in the door today (we know Kev likes to have them announced late on the day before a game to surprise the opposition), and I'd be somewhat surprised if 1 of the 2 or 3 we might be trying to get over the line isn't a striker/forward, but I will say it until I am blue in the face - manage your expectations, and you won't be too disappointed.

No inside knowledge , i just feel that something special is brewing at this club. JR has proved in his life up to now he is a winner and a very astute business man, im sure he realises the importance of getting back into the EFL asap. He has said he realises we are still short in numbers ,i just put 2 and 2 together in my mind and think at least one of those signings we need is going to really surprise us all in a very excitable way.and if im right RH will be hosting a full capacity very soon . Just a feeling i have no inside knowledge.

I don't know about anybody else who hears bits and pieces, but I don't know for sure that another striker is lined-up instead of Effiong. I just suggested that might be the case. There was no concrete knowledge behind that suggestion. All I was told, as a mixture from a couple of different sources, is that:
  • our interest in Effiong has cooled
  • there is confidence internally that 2 or 3 new signings would be in the door soon
  • that one name we're "close to signing" could excite fans
I don't know for sure that a striker (or indeed any signing) is super imminent, and I haven't heard a name or position for said "exciting" signing, but there is definitely a little bit of noise.

Would be great if we can get at least one new signing in the door today (we know Kev likes to have them announced late on the day before a game to surprise the opposition), and I'd be somewhat surprised if 1 of the 2 or 3 we might be trying to get over the line isn't a striker/forward, but I will say it until I am blue in the face - manage your expectations, and you won't be too disappointed.
That’s dedication to the cause.

1726223513199.png

No inside knowledge , i just feel that something special is brewing at this club. JR has proved in his life up to now he is a winner and a very astute business man, im sure he realises the importance of getting back into the EFL asap. He has said he realises we are still short in numbers ,i just put 2 and 2 together in my mind and think at least one of those signings we need is going to really surprise us all in a very excitable way.and if im right RH will be hosting a full capacity very soon . Just a feeling i have no inside knowledge.

I hope so too. We are still short although not so desperate.

We have already had a pretty much full house due to constraints on capacity.

Unless that changes, we cant get much more than 8k home fans at the moment.

Not trying to pick holes, but if people are expecting more exciting signings than Moncur & Boone whilst we are in the National League I'd like to know just who that would be?

Back