• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Gonna keep saying what I have said for ages. We need an experienced leader in this team. Someone who can help the players when things get tough and someone who can put in a battling almost hard man like performance in the middle. I think that is the main missing piece in this team.

A player like Timlin for example.

We started the season with arguably 3 forwards who were ready for the season, acknowledging the fact that from Kev's perspective everyone was a couple of weeks behind were they should be!
We lost Walker and Waldron to injury and Cards to FGR.
We then bring in Bim from the obscurity of under 23 football which in no way matches the match day fitness and intensity requirements of the NL. Bonne enters the fray last week without playing a competitive game since the end of April and no real pre-season under his belt, not the best prep for sharpness in front of goal especially if you aren't blessed with the magical tag of a 'natural' goal scorer.
I honestly feel Walker and Bonne can do a decent job for us but they are going to take a few games to get there.
Hopefully we bring in another forward sooner than later, but they need I would suggest to have done a proper full time pre-season and playing competitive games already and in a position to start and last 90 mins, oh and already have a few goals against their name this season, not much to ask for is it? 🫣

We started the season with arguably 3 forwards who were ready for the season, acknowledging the fact that from Kev's perspective everyone was a couple of weeks behind were they should be!
We lost Walker and Waldron to injury and Cards to FGR.
We then bring in Bim from the obscurity of under 23 football which in no way matches the match day fitness and intensity requirements of the NL. Bonne enters the fray last week without playing a competitive game since the end of April and no real pre-season under his belt, not the best prep for sharpness in front of goal especially if you aren't blessed with the magical tag of a 'natural' goal scorer.
I honestly feel Walker and Bonne can do a decent job for us but they are going to take a few games to get there.
Hopefully we bring in another forward sooner than later, but they need I would suggest to have done a proper full time pre-season and playing competitive games already and in a position to start and last 90 mins, oh and already have a few goals against their name this season, not much to ask for is it? 🫣
We shouldn't have to just rely on our front players to score. The fact remains i forget the last time a central defender scored at a corner and the midfield?

Without our RWB scoring 6 this season we are dog **** in front of goal.

Anyway off topic so apologies.

Last edited:
We shouldn't have to just rely on our front players to score. The fact remains i forget the last time a central defender scored at a corner and the midfield?

Anyway of topic so apologies.
Agree 100% any decent side needs a goal scoring threat from midfield, we know we have some in there that know where the back of the net is but won't buy the raffle ticket! So yes an additional midfield with confidence in front of goal would be good, could spark the others also!

Agree 100% any decent side needs a goal scoring threat from midfield, we know we have some in there that know where the back of the net is but won't buy the raffle ticket! So yes an additional midfield with confidence in front of goal would be good, could spark the others also!
Exactly this . Whilst I agree that Moncur is a good addition I must admit that I have been slightly disappointed with his lack of quality when shooting . he has had a number of great chances in the last two games but doesn’t appear to have the confidence to put his foot through the ball. Noor also is a pretty passing player but seems to panic when he sees the whites of the goalposts .. perhaps in this new way of playing football midfielders don’t shoot anymore …..

Its about 45 years since we produced Paul Peterson Clark, and over 20 years since local lads Spencer Prior and Leo Roget came through the ranks. It seems these days we always have to buy in and dont seem able to produce our own Beasties

Reactions: jnl
Yes I think that was closed last year, and we had a good youth set up for many years where as you will be aware we did produce some good youngsters snapped up ,.but not so much of the calibre referenced as central defenders/back 4
As you know, the game has changed and I doubt the likes of Clark and Spinner would get where they did now.

Last edited:
Its about 45 years since we produced Paul Peterson Clark, and over 20 years since local lads Spencer Prior and Leo Roget came through the ranks. It seems these days we always have to buy in and dont seem able to produce our own Beasties
Bentley, Smith, Bishop, Collin, Elvis, Yearwood, Bridge, Kelman, Coker, Sandat, Rush, Aquah, Kamara, Hayden, Mavididi.
within the last 10 to 15 years they've come through our system, and there's plenty more I've forgotten. All would get in the team now, many were sold way before they were anywhere near the first team. I love to see us bring youth through, but our first team has been ****e so makes it much harder. Plus Ron ****ed the club so anything that could be sold had to be

As you know, the game has changed and I doubt the likes of Clark and Spinner would get where they did now.
Very much this!
And for all Collins critics this is how He has been taught (by our very own Tilly).
Modern way play out from the back/keeper sweeper!
Remember the days of big centre half getting on a header from a corner and also hoofing it out of the ground to clear just like Micky Bodley not pretty but job done! Different times I guess.

Very much this!
And for all Collins critics this is how He has been taught (by our very own Tilly).
Modern way play out from the back/keeper sweeper!
Remember the days of big centre half getting on a header from a corner and also hoofing it out of the ground to clear just like Micky Bodley not pretty but job done! Different times I guess.
I seem to remember Pat Scully doing a bit of that.

Will we make new signings this week?

We aren't that far off being a top 6 side and injured players returning and one or two more would really help
As things stand, I cant see them bringing someone in before the end of next week. I think they will await the return of Walker, Cav and Coker and go from there.

Desperately need another centre half imo.

Bentley, Smith, Bishop, Collin, Elvis, Yearwood, Bridge, Kelman, Coker, Sandat, Rush, Aquah, Kamara, Hayden, Mavididi.
within the last 10 to 15 years they've come through our system, and there's plenty more I've forgotten. All would get in the team now, many were sold way before they were anywhere near the first team. I love to see us bring youth through, but our first team has been ****e so makes it much harder. Plus Ron ****ed the club so anything that could be sold had to be
Don't forget Medi Abalimba. He made a good impression ;)

Anyway off topic so apologies.
Totally agree with this. One of our best teams ever had goals all over the pitch.

Anyway, not sure it is off topic really, a discussion on who we want or need to sign has to have context otherwise it's just a list of names and then we will have to look elsewhere for the context, which isn't going to happen.

Back