• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
With no inside knowledge on this, I think the next centre back we bring in will be a project, not a starter, like Kensdale when we initially brought him in and Brooklyn was viewed as one too.

Would like to think that the footballing department is lining up development players all across the pitch. Realise that there are budget constraints to consider as well. The ability to have 16 subs* gives more opportunities to bring players steadily along (compared with the dark old days of throwing them in at the deep end).

* or whatever the latest figure is for this season - they keep changing the bloody rules & I can't keep up.

But what if….

3 of them get relegated and a squad of 22 win the league?
Lets hope so Im really pleased we have finally got to a squad of 22 and a very good one at that, what a difference it makes to be able to field a decent bench or not have kids on it? Although that number includes Faulkner and ? Beau Mac Donald and until recently just one available loanee striker

Lets hope so Im really pleased we have finally got to a squad of 22 and a very good one at that, what a difference it makes to be able to field a decent bench or not have kids on it? Although that number includes Faulkner and ? Beau Mac Donald and until recently just one available loanee striker
I agree we're not quite there yet in terms of enough cover for injuries & suspensions, but at the moment it doesn't seem likely to me that we will end up with a squad size over 25.

I agree we're not quite there yet in terms of enough cover for injuries & suspensions, but at the moment it doesn't seem likely to me that we will end up with a squad size over 25.
I agree , but great progress and marvellous interview just out by Justin , acknowledging we are still a bit light. Id be very happy with a genuine 23 or maybe 24, Great response from him, especially on Comms,

Back