• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
AFC Fylde have just signed Gavin Massey, striker with loads of football league experience.

Now i am really cheese off!!!what a good signing for them...

OFF THE LINE BLOG on X has posted- Wow that is a top signing for the NL..
What is it about his 4 goals in his last 161 appearances that makes you think he’d be the answer to our goalscoring woes?

So was John white. And so is Moncur 😂
Coker and Kensdale (disciplinary apart) too.

We are a lower league club and therefore are always likely to have players play for both clubs due to the location. I couldn't give a monkies as long as they give 100%. How often do players actually support the club they play for?

Payne is playing for them now and doing great. They probably don't care that he is ex Southend and I wouldn't care that he played for Col U if he came back tomorrow.

1 goal in 40 appearances last season for Port Vale. Just what we needed. NOT !
I could have sworn Kev has just signed on loan a player with 2 goals in 39 appearances.

Someone with no Football league experience,has not played 50 games in the championship or played in a team that has won a league one title..
His experience alone will be a big plus for Flyde..

Coker and Kensdale (disciplinary apart) too.

We are a lower league club and therefore are always likely to have players play for both clubs due to the location. I couldn't give a monkies as long as they give 100%. How often do players actually support the club they play for?

Payne is playing for them now and doing great. They probably don't care that he is ex Southend and I wouldn't care that he played for Col U if he came back tomorrow.
Yes lots of very good players have played for both clubs over the years, I could name dozens of them but the controversial/entertaining Red Card Roy McDonough must be worth a mention!

AFC Fylde have just signed Gavin Massey, striker with loads of football league experience.

Now i am really cheese off!!!what a good signing for them...

OFF THE LINE BLOG on X has posted- Wow that is a top signing for the NL..
Here are a few of the comments on Port Vale's forum from when the news broke that he was leaving, they aren't complimentary. Maybe it'll turn out that he can do a job at this level but he sounds like the kind of player Phil Brown tried to sign in his disastrous second spell with us - a player being signed for what he did 5 years ago rather than last season.

Well in my opinion it's no loss he's flattered to deceive in his two years at the club
We have played with ten men for two seasons with him in the squad. One of the worst I have seen. Woeful, good riddance.
Major disappointment, let himself and the fans down very badly. Won't be missed. Heard people say he was too often played out of position, when he was played in his supposed position I saw no improvement in his performance. Poor signing.
Might have played well for Wigan but hopeless for the Vale. Could never work out what his best position was as we played him a number of positions and was useless in every one.

When we signed Cardwell few saw a player that would be soon valued at 120k . He came to us because at that time no one else was willing to take a punt on his potential. In his time with Southend he stayed relatively injury free and played regularly thus developing into a much more valuable player than the one we recruited.

The idea that we now might be able to sign a like for like replacement for HC is surely fanciful. Any striker who might be universally expected to score 15 to 20 a season in the NL, with or without HC's workrate, would demand a fee and wages beyond anything we are likely to be able to afford.

It is very possible that if and when we sign a replacement he will be a mirror image of HC when he first arrived; ie long on potential but short on actual career achievements. Signing such a player requires taking a punt, and, as someone who does not mind making a bet, that can be very rewarding but does not always come off. Even if we have already been able to identify such a player bringing him in may take longer than all of us might like.

In the meantime I can see why KM might be discouraged but managing is making the best of available resources. He now has to try meet the challenges caused by recent developments unwelcome and unexpected as they were.

It is too early to write off this season. As I have said before in a league like the NL a strong finish is more important than what happens in August/September. It may take time to bring the players we need but we now need to ensure we do not fall too far behind the competition. Provided we have a full or almost full compliment of players and are mid table by the time 2025 comes around we could still mount an irresistible challenge for a play off slot. In such circumstances (an imporving team with strong recent form) we would be a team no one would want to play against in the play offs.

Had the takeover been completed two months earlier we would likely have found life a little easier but the disadvantages of being slow into our stride have been seriously compunded by the departure of HC, OK's issues and injuries. Some might like to speculate how much has been already spent on the upkeep/maintenance of Roots Hall in 2024, and, how many really decent players that money might have allowed us to bring in. Sadly a fit squad of twenty four players without a ground to play on would be an even worse predicament than the one we now find ourselves in.

Before COSU took over we were a basket case of a foorball club who might have gone out of exsitance any time. Needless to say we were then skint. While money is an issue with us, and is likely to be so for some time yet, our future is in the process of being secured and we are not under embargo. Things are from ideal but this is hardly the worst situation the club has ever faced.

It goes without saying that I believe we have to remain patient while acknowledging a testing month if not six weeks awaits us. Those who advocate a quick fix, or, money splashed on urgent reinforcements, may be disappointed.

Meltdown might be the default position on SZ for a while yet!

In the meantime here's to our next signing (whoever he might be) and a win tomorrow. 4-0 against Oldham has a familiar and comforting ring about it. UTB!
Excellent post

Back