• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
SOUTHEND United head coach Kevin Maher is trying to add to his squad.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
For anyone who hasn't read this yet:

Southend United boss Kevin Maher on his search for new signings​

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher is unsure if he will add to his squad ahead of tomorrow's match at Oldham Athletic. On-loan Luton Town youngster Bim Pepple is currently the only striker available for the Shrimpers, but Maher does not know at this stage if he will have bolstered his options before Blues line up at Boundary Park.

"I don’t know right now, that’s the honest answer" said Maher. "We’ll try, but it’s the most difficult period of the season. No-one wants to let players go, especially the areas we’re looking. People have got their squads together, and they’re still settling in to what they’re doing for the season."

"We’re working as hard as we possibly can behind the scenes but getting value for money at this stage of the season becomes very difficult."

I keep wondering if we're still keen on Adarkwa as replacement for Cardwell but this is held up with his injury. Maybe there is a delay in getting in a loanee as they don't want to use up all the budget and miss out on their key target in a month or so when he returns from injury. No inside knowledge, just speculation on my part.

I keep wondering if we're still keen on Adarkwa as replacement for Cardwell but this is held up with his injury. Maybe there is a delay in getting in a loanee as they don't want to use up all the budget and miss out on their key target in a month or so when he returns from injury. No inside knowledge, just speculation on my part.
No smoke without fire regards Adarkwa. There's definitely been interest, despite a bit of trolling from Wealdstone and others. Whether that is solid enough to warrant a bid and continued interest, despite his injury....I guess we will find out soon.

No smoke without fire regards Adarkwa. There's definitely been interest, despite a bit of trolling from Wealdstone and others. Whether that is solid enough to warrant a bid and continued interest, despite his injury....I guess we will find out soon.
Odd one as the player himself described the injury as a “tight hamstring”. There again until a scan they a notorious to diagnose in terms of seriousness

AFC Fylde have just signed Gavin Massey, striker with loads of football league experience.

Now i am really cheese off!!!what a good signing for them...

OFF THE LINE BLOG on X has posted- Wow that is a top signing for the NL..
Well one would ask why he is signing for AFC Flyde at 31 and not remaining in the EFL?... if that is ****ing you off then don't ask about some of the players we missed out on 😂🤣

Back