• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Out of interest. Is the reason we are not signing players because we haven't got the budget to do so? An easy excuse to use when this is the case is we are after the right players with the right mindset however we are told we are always looking at players.

Out of interest. Is the reason we are not signing players because we haven't got the budget to do so? An easy excuse to use when this is the case is we are after the right players with the right mindset however we are told we are always looking at players.
I think In The Know hinted at this a few times. I imagine a few or more skeletons have come out the closet (not the cleaner) since they got the keys to old girl and the budget is wuite firm due to all theyā€™ve oaid out and are uncovering. We know the clubā€™s a right mess and thatā€™s probably whatā€™s bearing fruit. Players will come in Iā€™m sure but have to be at the right price.

I love Chris, but this is cryptic as **** ...

Is he eluding to the lack of fit players? Or are we in financial struggles again?
I donā€™t know why he is surprised that people found this cryptic.

There is absolutely no indication in this tweet as to whether he is referring to things we already know about (i.e Kensdale & Cardwell). Or something new that we donā€™t know about.

CP just expressing a personal opinion apparently, has developed into a bit of awkward exchange about mental health with another party. I think CP could do with feeling the love at the moment
I donā€™t get the abuse of him, just be kind, but the fan base is still so fragile, as is society, and when his job is to show the club warts and all and nothing comes from club heā€™s always going to get the brunt of it. I certainly wouldnā€™t want to do it.

Interesting quote from Kev just now in his meeting with CP.

Maher adds:" Josh, Danny Waldron and Oli Coker are three big players out along with Cards going and Kensdale going so itā€™s very, very tough time. Itā€™s a very difficult market this time of year too."

So at least that is confirmed now.

Back