• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
It would only be worrying if we didnā€™t have a forward in for Sat- still plenty of time yet
I get that but would be better if we had someone in training for as many days as possible especially if they will be expected to lead the line.

What concerns me a bit is that I had hoped that the team were ready to pounce as soon as the window closed as it was part of the strategy. It is very possible that the strategy was to sign someone into an understudy role but weā€™ve now lost our heartthrob leading man and so need a different type of acquisition.

Iā€™m sure everyone is flat out on it and we will just have to exercise more patience as frustrating as it is.

Also never know how to interpret the ITK quietness - either no whispers circulating or something is close but keeping quiet.

I get that but would be better if we had someone in training for as many days as possible especially if they will be expected to lead the line.

What concerns me a bit is that I had hoped that the team were ready to pounce as soon as the window closed as it was part of the strategy. It is very possible that the strategy was to sign someone into an understudy role but weā€™ve now lost our heartthrob leading man and so need a different type of acquisition.

Iā€™m sure everyone is flat out on it and we will just have to exercise more patience as frustrating as it is.

Also never know how to interpret the ITK quietness - either no whispers circulating or something is close but keeping quiet.
We love announcing players towards the weekend as it hypes up the game a bit more. A typically marketing ploy. Doesn't make massive sense when its away... We could well have one or two through the door but hanging off until Friday to announce.

MAF signed last Wed/Thurs but wasn't announced until the Friday. Even when CP put the tweet out about another team being interested, he had already signed.

We love announcing players towards the weekend as it hypes up the game a bit more. A typically marketing ploy. Doesn't make massive sense when its away... We could well have one or two through the door but hanging off until Friday to announce.

MAF signed last Wed/Thurs but wasn't announced until the Friday. Even when CP put the tweet out about another team being interested, he had already signed.
IMG_0798.jpeg

I was just about to come on and post this. Yes, as I understood it we were very, very keen on him. Lucky escape!
Unless my memory is failing me we were told at the time we were looking to sign him that he declined as did he did not want to give up his job to be a full time footballer.

I can see now why we were unable to tempt him!

Nah, this isnā€™t a Commercial decision (we announced two signings last week Friday evening, at least one of who had been training with us for two days) but a footballing one.

Maher doesnā€™t like information getting out. He presumably doesnā€™t want the opposition to be able to train knowing the team news.

I will always say this it to this day, MAF was criminally underrated and Iā€™d go as far to say as heā€™s one of my favourite Southend players to have played for us. His hold up play was second to none and no one spoke much about it!? What a player.
Yeah, the hold up was brilliant. The best I've ever seen and which made all the difference to us all those years ago was Ian Benjamin. But you have to have the midfield to make it work, I'm not sure we have that at the moment.

I will always say this it to this day, MAF was criminally underrated and Iā€™d go as far to say as heā€™s one of my favourite Southend players to have played for us. His hold up play was second to none and no one spoke much about it!? What a player.

I thought the same about Lee Bradbury as well. Great link player and amazing hold up play. Very underrated also.

Back on subject.

Any of the "in the knows" got any updates

Back