• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
It's a good question.

Just someone who (at least on paper) should be capable of 15-20 goals this season. That's essentially what we have lost with Cards. Whether that's a proven NL striker or above, or a talented PL youngster.

I totally get and understand finances are tight. However, we can't lose someone like Cards and not replace him adequately.
Or we just need another cute signing like Cardwell himself - who cost a few grand from Chorley as I remember? The players are out there. Problem is after he'd been here 6 months, many on here said he wasn't good enough and needed moving on - but now are bemoaning the fact that he's gone.

First thing is to get our current strikers fit - whilst looking for someone who will genuinely improve us. What we don't do is give a 2.5 year contract to someone who's not good enough, and who we're then stuck with, simply because we had a bit of a panic.

Mate who went said he's been there a few years and probably about his max level and would be staggered if we are looking at him.

Liked the LWB Jimmy Muitt though, albeit he got a knock and went off before the end.
A few people have suggested he isn't the quickest and maybe wouldn't suit our style. Either way he had a very good game.

Muitt whilst direct has very little end product and doesn't seem to ever play 90 minutes. Thought Dorking's best player was Carter on the night. Only player who could run centrally with the ball and draw players out

I'm sure there are plenty of players in academy's who need to play mens football or are highly thought of as "one for the first team" in a year or so.

Another player from our league or league below that has all the right attributes.

Or just a good old fashioned 1 month loan from league 1 or 2 for a player that has done it and maybe needs to get some fitness.

Not an easy balance.

The fact it. Kev said we were 2 or 3 short when we had kensdale and Cardwell.

We have lost both and 3 others to injury and brought in 2.

We are still 3 players short.

The problem with now bringing another player in from leagues below/ part-time is we have just one fit striker.
So we need someone up to speed and ready to go with the rigours of full time football. Probably now that means from the EFL although possibly our division (probably for the standard we need that would definitely now require a fee).
Even free agents are beginning to be an issue in that by now they are likely weeks away on fitness.
I expect it to be an EFL striker under contract but well down the pecking order and that their club would like to move on (and that suiting all parties)
But what do I know

It's a good question.

Just someone who (at least on paper) should be capable of 15-20 goals this season. That's essentially what we have lost with Cards. Whether that's a proven NL striker or above, or a talented PL youngster.

I totally get and understand finances are tight. However, we can't lose someone like Cards and not replace him adequately.
I think itā€™s harder the get hold of the so-called gems now. With products like Wyscout available you can watch so many games from your armchair, data is available for everyone in the industry instantly.

Players of any quality are much more likely to be known to everyone in the game rather than a select few.

John will still benefit us massively in terms of having people who will know a players mentality, how they train and whether they are a right fit etc, but I think the game is getting harder than it was 10 years in terms of the advantage of having a scouting network.

Watched Aveley last night. Harry Gibbs was defensively excellent. Didn't get to see much of him on the ball but won and blocked absolutely everything. Wouldn't be surprised if that's who John Still was watching last night
Wouldn't of thought it would be him. He'd probably admit himself he's playing at his ceiling, also a bit older than the ideal age profile and on the ball he is pretty poor, very much a head and kick it old fashioned centre half, good for the level nonetheless.

My local team (Witham Town) have Josh Osude playing for them. Winger / Striker - very very quick and direct - scored in last 4 games on the trot. Bit lazy, doesn't like tracking back but can and does score for fun. Bags of pace and potential. Probably get him for a bag of sweets and a football.

One of the things that never really materialised was Stanā€™s black book. The idea of picking up a loan or two from a moneybags club where they would pick up the wages was an exciting prospect and fit our financial model (or as someone suggested using our Rangers links). Clubs like Chelsea have so many players not near the match day squad that youā€™d have thought there were players there. Clearly loads of clubs would be interested so it would largely come down to using networks.
Some of these clubs prefer to keep some of the players because of Premier League 2 and the EFL Trophy instead of sending them on loan to clubs like us. Now the window is shut for them we stand more chance of getting someone!

A few people have suggested he isn't the quickest and maybe wouldn't suit our style. Either way he had a very good game.

Muitt whilst direct has very little end product and doesn't seem to ever play 90 minutes. Thought Dorking's best player was Carter on the night. Only player who could run centrally with the ball and draw players out
Have you seen us play šŸ˜‰
We don't do quick, he will fit in perfectly

Thought Dorking's best player was Carter on the night. Only player who could run centrally with the ball and draw players out
Surprised we haven't had a look at Carter, performed very well in a struggling Dorking team last year too and has a goal in him.

Do you remember that time when we lost Dalby and got Hyde in return almost like a pat on the head from Wrexham and we all had to pretend to believe Hyde was on the white board? ā€¦ you remember that feeling of absolute bemusement. If my maths are on point I reckon we maybe feeing that feeling again soon
Whatā€™s maths gotta do with it?

Do you remember that time when we lost Dalby and got Hyde in return almost like a pat on the head from Wrexham and we all had to pretend to believe Hyde was on the white board? ā€¦ you remember that feeling of absolute bemusement. If my maths are on point I reckon we maybe feeing that feeling again soon
Following your hypothesis, it sounds like Christian Doidge might be coming our way, or is my maths out?

Following your hypothesis, it sounds like Christian Doidge might be coming our way, or is my maths out?
Iā€™ve just got a feeling we will be panicking sorry picking up a forward from FGR whoā€™ll make our recent loan signing from Lutonā€™s record look prolific . Who knows maybe Iā€™m wrong. Iā€™d be over the moon if it was Doidge

Last edited:
Back