• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Who do fans want as our new number 9 … bonne been mentioned on here as well as Adarkwa from Wealdstone too any other new names ..
Having only seen online highlights of Bim and limited game time from Walker it is difficult to make a complete assessment but from what I have seen of them and Waldron we have three players who like the ball in front of them passed through the lines so they can run onto it. We don’t now have someone who can play with their back to goal, hold the ball up and be a threat in the box from headers.

Now going on the way we currently play this is a problem. Assuming we are not going to change our style which is get the ball wide and crosses into the box (although that is entirely plausible to do given the types of signings we have made) I would envisage we would be looking for more of a target man to get on the end of the crosses and to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

If we chose to change our style to become a more centrally focussed team then it is perfectly within reason we add raw pace and power to the forward line. Although this makes us a little one dimensional and unable to change it up too much.

Having only seen online highlights of Bim and limited game time from Walker it is difficult to make a complete assessment but from what I have seen of them and Waldron we have three players who like the ball in front of them passed through the lines so they can run onto it. We don’t now have someone who can play with their back to goal, hold the ball up and be a threat in the box from headers.

Now going on the way we currently play this is a problem. Assuming we are not going to change our style which is get the ball wide and crosses into the box (although that is entirely plausible to do given the types of signings we have made) I would envisage we would be looking for more of a target man to get on the end of the crosses and to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

If we chose to change our style to become a more centrally focussed team then it is perfectly within reason we add raw pace and power to the forward line. Although this makes us a little one dimensional and unable to change it up too much.
Be interesting for sure ie if we get another targets man in we need someone that can hold the ball up with back to goal and let the other run in to free space for sure .. wondering what’s names are in budget and could suit the role

Either plugged the leaks, or absolutely nothing is happening.

Or, after the stick @londonshrimper. got following CP’s tweet about KAF, people are keeping quiet.

KAF had already signed the deal with us when CP put the tweet out.

Obviously things are happening in the background. I’m not sure whether we’ll have any more new faces in ahead of the weekend. I’ve not spoken to my people since last week. Obviously there was a rumour of an EFL striker who was signing for us before Saturday’s registration deadline that we didn’t get done, but don’t know if that was the case or not.

Or, after the stick @londonshrimper. got following CP’s tweet about KAF, people are keeping quiet.

KAF had already signed the deal with us when CP put the tweet out.

Obviously things are happening in the background. I’m not sure whether we’ll have any more new faces in ahead of the weekend. I’ve not spoken to my people since last week. Obviously there was a rumour of an EFL striker who was signing for us before Saturday’s registration deadline that we didn’t get done, but don’t know if that was the case or not.
I guess the positive is, the longer it takes, the more likely it is that we are actually trying to buy an adequate replacement and not just singing a loanee for the sake of it.

Will the cardwell money be put to use?
Circa 120k cash plus decent wage now available.
Surely enough to do some business at this level and not pay for the Bentley + driver.

But it's not £120k. about roughly half of that has to be deductions for sell on fees to Chorley, signing on fee/loyalty bonus' to Cards, as he didn't request the transfer, less taxes and other deductions on the fee itself.

Doesn't mean some funds could be made available for re-investment into the playing squad though, hopefully.

But it's not £120k. about roughly half of that has to be deductions for sell on fees to Chorley, signing on fee/loyalty bonus' to Cards, as he didn't request the transfer, less taxes and other deductions on the fee itself.

Doesn't mean some funds could be made available for re-investment into the playing squad though, hopefully.
Of course, damn transfer dealings...its been a long time 🤣🤣

But he did IMO instigate a transfer at some point by having a buy out clause inserted into his contract.

Back