• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Appiah forson transfer is great business.

Losing cardwell - one of our
gladiators of the ron era was going to leave at some point. A shame but we move on.

Kensdale is a shame too. Good player another gladiator for us but clearly something happened and won't be around.

Pepple sounds ok. I'm concerned putting a young player like that in this team. We rely on the strikers to make something from nothing or set pieces to score. It states in the player analysis how he started scoring when the team went from 343 to 4231 in their main starting formation because the team created more opportunities and was more fluid. That's the opposite of how Maher sets up the team. I hope we the approach doesn't set him up to fail.

Appiah forson transfer is great business.

Losing cardwell - one of our
gladiators of the ron era was going to leave at some point. A shame but we move on.

Kensdale is a shame too. Good player another gladiator for us but clearly something happened and won't be around.

Pepple sounds ok. I'm concerned putting a young player like that in this team. We rely on the strikers to make something from nothing or set pieces to score. It states in the player analysis how he started scoring when the team went from 343 to 4231 in their main starting formation because the team created more opportunities and was more fluid. That's the opposite of how Maher sets up the team. I hope we the approach doesn't set him up tM
Maher changed the formation late in the game against Daggers and many said we look much better for it , it suited Woods game much better ,should also suit Bridge and we ended up getting that late Equalizer through it .
Only have the one striker at present so it would i think best play a 4-2-3-1 from the start and keep one CD fresh in case needed as a sub.

The problem with our squad (imo) we are very very lopsided and combined with a lack of depth, it really does worry me

Gus RWB āœ…
Centre backs āœ…
Bridge Right footed LM āŒ
Midfield... āœ… Tick on paper, with Moncur and Keenan we should see this area working well
Strikers āŒ currently only have Bim

We regularly use Wood out of position as in my eyes he's a RM but that position doesn't exist.

Right now, a 4-5-1 formation will probably suit us more

Colin
Gus Taylor crowther Ralph
Wood Husin Appiah bridge
Moncur
Bim

This imo also allows us to use our bench more effectively especially with the young lads like Faulkner. We can also push Gus forward as a winger and utilise Wind if needed

Not slagging the coaches btw, just my opinion and what I would have done

One really hopes that a proper replacement for Cardwell is being lined up. To lose someone of that calibre and to get a fee too is something that demands a replacement. I'm not saying we have to go and splash cash, but a signing to get excited about is definitely needed.

Hopefully another deal isnā€™t far off. The EFL window is shut now, so letā€™s get cracking before we lose out on the best available options once again - which Iā€™m sure we are. It would be good to see 2 or 3 more in the door this week if humanly possible.

Hopefully another deal isnā€™t far off. The EFL window is shut now, so letā€™s get cracking before we lose out on the best available options once again - which Iā€™m sure we are. It would be good to see 2 or 3 more in the door this week if humanly possible.
2 or 3 what? We dont need more bench fillers, squad players are so overrated ive never been a fan of them, just cause more agg behind the scenes moaning about how theyre not getting game time. A really good striker please, that'll do us now.
Just my opimion !

Couldnā€™t agree more. Squad is light still, effectively 2 out and 2 in this week. So reckon at least another 3 needed (personally Iā€™d like another 5 but canā€™t have it all!).

Back