• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
This is surely a win/win situation. Just imagine if we had signed a striker with a great scoring record.....and he turned out to be a flop with us. This way, if Pepple proves a success, everyone is happy. If he is a failure, then all of those less than impressed with the business, will be able to say, "you see, we told you so!"

I for one am gutted about Cards, bumped into him recently and spent 20 minutes chatting all things Southend. He spoke of how much he loved the club and the fans. At the end of the day, money at this level talks and no one can begrudge him for earning the reported uptick he’s had.

Stuck with us through thick and thin and is my clear favourite player at the hall in many a year.

Wish him all the best

I for one am gutted about Cards, bumped into him recently and spent 20 minutes chatting all things Southend. He spoke of how much he loved the club and the fans. At the end of the day, money at this level talks and no one can begrudge him for earning the reported uptick he’s had.

Stuck with us through thick and thin and is my clear favourite player at the hall in many a year.

Wish him all the best
Looking forward to the Open Letter in the echo next week.

Our inability to get transfers over the line is a worry and people blame London Shrimpers for the leaks when the spotlight should be on the club
I don't think that's necessarily the case and KM has said as much in interviews. Our targets went elsewhere because we were on the verge of not existing and what's left are player we don't really want. Right now I'm sure the amigos are trying to magic something out of nothing but its not been easy.

according to Wikipedia 34 of the 47 goals Cardwell ever scored in professional football were scored for us. just goes to show that if someone hasn't done the business before arriving doesn't necessarily mean they won't do the business for us. we've got to trust that whoever got us Cardwell can do that well again
Cards did well for us and earned his move.

Tbh putting a release clause in that new contract made sure we actually got something for him otherwise we would have lost him for nothing earlier in the summer, potentially to the same club. That is good business even if right now it doesn't fell like it.

Back