• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Think most teams figure out we like to play it wide and second half, Dagenham were sending 2/3 men out to close us down. This is where nice early pinpoint crosses like Wood’s yesterday count. I do see YB’s point it never does any harm to have back up .. Bridgey isn’t a natural left footer after all.
We need attacking options that can change a game and can make the difference not just bodies in to make up the numbers.
Bridge may be right footed, but he looks uncomfortable playing on the right. Hasn't got the pace needed to go outside the defender.

We need some experienced players. Rough diamonds are great but we have very little leaders who can really take them under their wing and help them develop.

Try and sign Matt Dennis again? Only played 24 mins this season for MK Don's.

Was on fire with us in a dire team.

I agree with the above we need some runners.

We are the lower league version of England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 painfull to watch at times. However, I know Kev loves a small squad. The game has changed. It's all down to numbers. Whoever, has the best squad will win the league not the best 11!

Look on Saturday, daggers made all the subs (5) this is going to be a game changer. Barnet had strength in numbers to out see the game.

Try and sign Matt Dennis again? Only played 24 mins this season for MK Don's.

Was on fire with us in a dire team.

I agree with the above we need some runners.

We are the lower league version of England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 painfull to watch at times. However, I know Kev loves a small squad. The game has changed. It's all down to numbers. Whoever, has the best squad will win the league not the best 11!

Look on Saturday, daggers made all the subs (5) this is going to be a game changer. Barnet had strength in numbers to out see the game.
I think we all accept - including the management team - the squad needs strengthening. But I understand why this process must be done very carefully. The team spirit within this group of players seems fantastic and quite rare. It is one of the reasons the club snatched a last minute equaliser against Dagenham and why this team never seems to give up. So I think, quite apart from the usual financial constraints, Maher and co are determined to only bring in players they are convinced will not undermine the togetherness of the existing squad, and I suspect that involves quite a lot of background checks on possible targets, which probably prolongs the process of getting a signing over the line.

I think we all accept - including the management team - the squad needs strengthening. But I understand why this process must be done very carefully. The team spirit within this group of players seems fantastic and quite rare. It is one of the reasons the club snatched a last minute equaliser against Dagenham and why this team never seems to give up. So I think, quite apart from the usual financial constraints, Maher and co are determined to only bring in players they are convinced will not undermine the togetherness of the existing squad, and I suspect that involves quite a lot of background checks on possible targets, which probably prolongs the process of getting a signing over the line.
I agree. However, we are playing a dangerous game relying on principles that worked well in previous seasons due to the lack of subs. This season is a game changer with the subs. U may have a tainted egg. But, with the right management In place u could turn it into a golden egg 🥚

I agree. However, we are playing a dangerous game relying on principles that worked well in previous seasons due to the lack of subs. This season is a game changer with the subs. U may have a tainted egg. But, with the right management In place u could turn it into a golden egg 🥚

Or the tainted egg ruins everything that has been built here.

We all know we need more bodies through the door, Kev & co, the fans, the board, everyone.

You don’t just sign anyone though. They have to be the right quality on the pitch they have to be the right quality off the pitch.

We all know we need more bodies through the door, Kev & co, the fans, the board, everyone.

You don’t just sign anyone though. They have to be the right quality on the pitch they have to be the right quality off the pitch.
Not if the management are strong in the principles and ethos of the club. They may have to test there managerial skills.

Look at the great managers of the past who was able to do this.

Harry Rednapp, Big Sam etc.

Sometimes in life u got to take a punt. Thin line between success and failure.

Its a season of balance. How many players will we lose this season because of financial constraints?

Not if the management are strong in the principles and ethos of the club. They may have to test there managerial skills.

You bring people in that fit that ethos.

What’s the point of saying, for argument sake, that we want hard workers, non-smokers, with good morals, to then bring in someone that tosses off training, smokes and is a bit of a ****?

You won’t change them, so why bring that problem? Some will see this player that doesn’t work hard, and he normally works his bollocks off, and he decides he is gonna toss it off.

One bad banana ruins the fruit bowl, so why bring in a bad banana in the hope you can change them?

Also, you mentioned great managers and Harry Redknapp in the same breath. I’m assuming that was a joke.

Every signing is a punt really. All about the balance of risk and there's lots you can do to mitigate those risks.

Certainly more than we've done in the past.

Did you mean to list some great managers there as you appear to have accidentally listed former W*** H** managers accused of taking backhanders to sign players instead?

Am I missing something here? We've lost 1 game only. We win Saturday and could be in the playoff spots. The EFL window will also be shut, so we can bring better quality in thereafter.

Plenty of fans need to take a step back for a minute. My mate came out with such a good statement on Monday pre-match, "You don't go from being nearly bankrupt and liquidated to winning the league in one season!" He is so right. Any one on here who really believes we should be doing that doesn't know how the reality of football works. Barnet have built and built over several seasons. FGR's have a rich owner with a fantastic infrastructure and can afford to overspend. If fans genuinely think we should be competing with that when we were only taken over a few months ago and when COSU still have to pay off Ron's debts and have to do up a defunct stadium, I'm truly lost for words.

Plenty of us have said this numerous times, we are a handful of players away from having a really competitive team. Just have a little bit of patience and be grateful we still have a club to support.

Am I missing something here? We've lost 1 game only. We win Saturday and could be in the playoff spots. The EFL window will also be shut, so we can bring better quality in thereafter.

Plenty of fans need to take a step back for a minute. My mate came out with such a good statement on Monday pre-match, "You don't go from being nearly bankrupt and liquidated to winning the league in one season!" He is so right. Any one on here who really believes we should be doing that doesn't know how the reality of football works. Barnet have built and built over several seasons. FGR's have a rich owner with a fantastic infrastructure and can afford to overspend. If fans genuinely think we should be competing with that when we were only taken over a few months ago and when COSU still have to pay off Ron's debts and have to do up a defunct stadium, I'm truly lost for words.

Plenty of us have said this numerous times, we are a handful of players away from having a really competitive team. Just have a little bit of patience and be grateful we still have a club to support.
Ah sense - welcome to the zone

Back