• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
They’ve made decent money in the summer from sell ons, they’ll be fine.
They’ve also just lost Harry Pritchard who they’ve announced has left the club due to health issues.

As a mainstay of their side (3rd most starts last season; most outfield starts season before) he’ll presumably have been amongst their higher earners so will have created some room in the wage budget for Glover.

They’ve also just lost Harry Pritchard who they’ve announced has left the club due to health issues.

As a mainstay of their side (3rd most starts last season; most outfield starts season before) he’ll presumably have been amongst their higher earners so will have created some room in the wage budget for Glover.
‘Due to unfortunate health issues’ wonder if it’s something similar to Mitchell Cole?

Had failed surgery on his back, forced to stop playing. Also had a betting charge a little while back so chances are if he played on he’d receive a ban anyway

I wonder whether we’ll have a late signing to cheer before the game today? I’m not confident but you never know. The only possible one who might, from those we’ve discussed recently, seems to be Bonne.

And a very rich owner who has loads of cash
If he was rich, they wouldn’t got relegated from League 2 in the first place.

Barnet almost bankrupted under him in 2021, virtually got relegated to conference south, but only stayed up, due to covid issues and clubs from NL below cannot get promoted.

Hoping Kensdale is genuinely ill and it’s not interest in him from another team?
As much as I would love to keep him, for the recruitment model to show it is working we need to start shifting a few on and lining the pockets.

We can’t keep spending out on signings (I know in most cases it’s been sub 20k) if we’re just developing them to a ceiling of NL level; or you might as well just invest the capital in to the additional wages of free agents from above and guarantee ability.

Would you turn down £200k for Kensdale?

Just asking as I would certainly like to keep him at least to the end of the season.

As much as I would love to keep him, for the recruitment model to show it is working we need to start shifting a few on and lining the pockets.

We can’t keep spending out on signings (I know in most cases it’s been sub 20k) if we’re just developing them to a ceiling of NL level; or you might as well just invest the capital in to the additional wages of free agents from above and guarantee ability.
That’s an interesting point as if we are working at the top of the budget as many state, then interest in Kensdale before the window closes for a fee that could be used elsewhere on the pitch could come into play.

Had a long chat with Justin yesterday. He said they are working hard on a few deals but kept emphasising they won’t be pressured into signing players and we will only sign players that fit within the team ethos and also within the budget constraints. We won’t throw silly money at players. He did on numerous occasions mention the EFL window so I wonder if we may see one or two signed after the 31/8, in fact I would suggest that is the case.

Also mentioned ground improvements and the West stand. They are hoping to renovate the whole of the back of the west stand to improve, bar, eating and toilet facilities. That will be done next summer apparently

Would you turn down £200k for Kensdale?

Just asking as I would certainly like to keep him at least to the end of the season.
If the money brought in made the difference to capture another striker and an attacking midfielder, both perhaps Stills recommendations , or otherwise , with again sell on potential, would you be tempted though and maybe not hesitate? Sell one get two Kensdale equivalents talent wise? Heres a classic political propaganda type statement "Build Better now" Seems tough but is it a key part of the sustainability plan?

Had a long chat with Justin yesterday. He said they are working hard on a few deals but kept emphasising they won’t be pressured into signing players and we will only sign players that fit within the team ethos and also within the budget constraints. We won’t throw silly money at players. He did on numerous occasions mention the EFL window so I wonder if we may see one or two signed after the 31/8, in fact I would suggest that is the case.

Also mentioned ground improvements and the West stand. They are hoping to renovate the whole of the back of the west stand to improve, bar, eating and toilet facilities. That will be done next summer apparently
This is the right approach. Now we are up to numbers we should be bringing players in who are better than those we have. All of whom, maybe aside from one, are NL quality. It’s about getting players who are the best in the NL now

This is the right approach. Now we are up to numbers we should be bringing players in who are better than those we have. All of whom, maybe aside from one, are NL quality. It’s about getting players who are the best in the NL now
Watching the performance yesterday it will need to be a long list many of our players still look like they are only good enough for National League North & South

Back