• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Three of those 4 years he was at Charlton, QPR and Ipswich - we are in the NL.

Last year he started at Gills in L2 13+12 4 goals. May not have excited your Gills friend, but his manager at Gills went to Cambridge in L1 and signed him again.

Possibly Neil Harris is more knowledgeable about a player than your Gills supporting mate. Who knows. I remember in L2 signing a player from the leagues above who hardly played and was always injured. BBBC.
Then more recently Simon Cox- hardly played at Reading, useless, past it we were told..and then there was Fortune, dreadful signing, what were we thinkingā€¦

In Kev and JS I trust.
Cox was brilliant but Fortune was 100 x the player I thought he would be,.absolute class pro

I would have thought so. I highly doubt Bonne just happened to turn up for a southend game. Likely came to watch the team and get a feel for the club before speaking about contracts etc.
Or he is mates with Moncur and came to see him play?

Sorry to appear dim on a Friday afternoon but does anyone have an idea who this may be? It doesn't appear to fit the descriptioon of Bonne, Tshimanga or Adarkwa
Fits the description of all of them. Bonne ended last season at Cambridge, Tshimanga played the first half at Fleetwood and Adarkwa is currently at a National League club. But iā€™d be very surprised if itā€™s Tshimanga or Adarkwa seeing as Tshimangaā€™s ship has seemingly sailed and Adarkwa is apparently out for 2 months

Possibly. But I'd say an out of contract player coming to southend to watch is likely there for the reasons above

Can I just say, he may or may not have been at Roots Hall, but 3 people I trust havenā€™t said he was there.

As I say he may have been, but I wouldnā€™t take it as gospel that he was.

Fits the description of all of them. Bonne ended last season at Cambridge, Tshimanga played the first half at Fleetwood and Adarkwa is currently at a National League club. But iā€™d be very surprised if itā€™s Tshimanga or Adarkwa seeing as Tshimangaā€™s ship has seemingly sailed and Adarkwa is apparently out for 2 months
Thanks for that and doing the research that I hadn't. Logic says that's Bonne

Sorry to appear dim on a Friday afternoon but does anyone have an idea who this may be? It doesn't appear to fit the descriptioon of Bonne, Tshimanga or Adarkwa

Itā€™s poorly phrased but I think it is saying they are speaking to two players: one who played in L1 last season (note past tense - this is likely Bonne as heā€™s a free agent) and one currently on the books of a NL side.

img_6140-jpeg.33548

Hang on a minute, as I understand it, Bonne is (or was) with Gills last season; Tshimanga is with Peterborough; Adwarka is on the books of aNL club but, to my knowledge didn't play in League One last season (and as you pointed out , his injury makes him unlikely). Maybe I misread Smiffy's post as it's a little ambiguous........is he talking of ONE or TWO players???

Hang on a minute, as I understand it, Bonne is (or was) with Gills last season; Tshimanga is with Peterborough; Adwarka is on the books of aNL club but, to my knowledge didn't play in League One last season (and as you pointed out , his injury makes him unlikely). Maybe I misread Smiffy's post as it's a little ambiguous........is he talking of ONE or TWO players???

Two separate players.

However, we are speaking to more strikers than just twoā€¦

Back