• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Having three CFs at the moment was shown to be light as soon as one injured options limited. Another CF then we good.

If you could pick one forward from the 3 we are supposed to be interested in, then. Who would you choose?
If he does not cost our club a huge fee, my vote would go to Sean Adarkwa. He would provide cover and competition for Harry Cardwell where as Macauley Bonne and Kabongo Tshimanga would seem to be mainly vying for the second striking spot where Southend already have Walker and Waldron. However, I just noticed Bonne is apparently 5'11"so maybe he could be considered as cover and competition for Cardwell's striking role after all.

Last edited:
Bonne opened the scoring in the 6ā€“2 win, first scoring after 26 minutes, before levelling with a header just before half-time after Wealdstone had scored two goals. He sealed his hat-trick just after half-time, before rounding off his scoring in the 68th minute with a deflected header from a George Moncur effort.

Saw this on wikipedia. Bonne and Moncur have made goals before !

Bonne's goalscoring record has not been great for the last 4 seasons and nearly 29 so i would prefer the other two potential striker signings. My Gills mate said he is awful.

There must be a reason that he is still a free transfer in late August

Bonne's goalscoring record has not been great for the last 4 seasons and nearly 29 so i would prefer the other two potential striker signings. My Gills mate said he is awful.

Three of those 4 years he was at Charlton, QPR and Ipswich - we are in the NL.

Last year he started at Gills in L2 13+12 4 goals. May not have excited your Gills friend, but his manager at Gills went to Cambridge in L1 and signed him again.

Possibly Neil Harris is more knowledgeable about a player than your Gills supporting mate. Who knows. I remember in L2 signing a player from the leagues above who hardly played and was always injured. BBBC.
Then more recently Simon Cox- hardly played at Reading, useless, past it we were told..and then there was Fortune, dreadful signing, what were we thinkingā€¦

In Kev and JS I trust.

I certainly know at Charlton he was used mainly as a winger.

At Orient he got regular game time and used as an out and out striker.

Not sure about Gills.

So positional selection and the higher up the leagues he played in could be two key factors in his goal returns.

Last edited:
Three of those 4 years he was at Charlton, QPR and Ipswich - we are in the NL.

Last year he started at Gills in L2 13+12 4 goals. May not have excited your Gills friend, but his manager at Gills went to Cambridge in L1 and signed him again.

Possibly Neil Harris is more knowledgeable about a player than your Gills supporting mate. Who knows. I remember in L2 signing a player from the leagues above who hardly played and was always injured. BBBC.
Then more recently Simon Cox- hardly played at Reading, useless, past it we were told..and then there was Fortune, dreadful signing, what were we thinkingā€¦

In Kev and JS I trust.

Iā€™d take any of them tbh .

Signing any of Adarkwa, Bonne or Tshimanga would show great intent for the season with not many clubs being able to afford any of those three at this level.

All have good track records in this division so would be happy with any of them. Although Tshimanga would be the standout.

Back