• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Okay.. yes.. but you have to admit the tactics put in place yesterday were never going to win a game? From the outset were defending and relying on a lucky opportunity, that even if we do get, weā€™re missing them anyways.

Weā€™re a few players short, but youā€™ve left the most creative player on the bench and play out from a 3 at the back, youā€™re already making your bed at that point.

Sorry but how is that negative? I donā€™t get it.

For clarity though, I donā€™t have any Orient supporting mates, I donā€™t lower myself to them.

From my Orient mate, now lives in Spain but comes over a fair bit to see the Oā€™s

You really want to stay clear of George.....big wage earner with a poor attitude..he came on as a sub a couple of times last season,and got subbed himself....lacks dedication and commitment.... hopefully you will take him....
Like most over the years I have learnt the thing most football fans know the least about is football.

I think Iā€™ll this one to Kev :-)

From my orient supporting mate;
ā€œHe brings an entourage from his flock to pray on the pitch before some gamesā€
Not sure about bringing a flock, but in his time at Orient he was one of a group of 'Christians in Sport' at the Club and they did on occasion have group prayers on the pitch pre match, certainly! A bit different to ball juggling but what ever works for you I suppose.

Does everyone know someone they supports Orient or something?
Known my Orient-supporting mate since Year 7 at WHSB. His old man took us both to our game at their place in 2000/01. I had to sit in the home stand and suppress the cheers when Ben Abbey scored x2.

We then had an argument in Monday morning registration over it which resulted in me pushing him backwards over his chair, and us both getting an after school detention where we were both told to keep our football rivalry out of the classroom.

Still mates though, and I trust his balanced view on Moncur, as he's usually a bit more nuanced than "his attitude is ****, take him".

And from my O's-supporting mate:

"He is a deeply religious person and has quite a hardcore IG account with daily bible verses. He is also a classic Essex jack the lad at the same time which makes him an interesting character. He is a luxury player. If you've got bite and running around him, his ball control and vision is amazing.

He looked better than Lge 2 when we won the league, but he just never made the step last year and you could tell Richie Wellens had given up on him. Didn't go on the pre season to Marbella so we all know he's on the way out - I'd heard Col Ewe so if you snatch him that's hilarious!! He could not be a more different player than Maher was.

He has the best close ball control of anyone I can remember in an Orient shirt - feels like it would be a good fit too. Have you been making any other big money signings?

A good solution for all three parties in my view. We're not giving you a dud, but he needs

If he is deeply religious he may get a few decent crosses in.

George Moncur scored 9 goals and a similar amount of assists in Leyton Orient's L2 title-winning squad in 2022/23, a season after he left Hull with their manager suggesting a lack of drive and desire - and his attitude and application was no worse in the L2 title-winning season than it is now.

He doesn't have a bad attitude as in he's a bad egg, and general drive and desire seems good when he's playing, as evidenced by his performances in L2 for Orient. Desire to put in extra work to better himself or to regain a lost place in the team sounds like it might be lacking.......maybe Kev and Co. would get that back out of him?

Technically though, he is a cut above this division and possibly above much of L2 as well, and I think he could really level-up the quality of our build-up play and final third play.

I'd also trust Kev and John Still to make sound judgements. They want a particular type of character, and they heavily reasearch around their targets, and if there was anything truly worrying.......we'd have dropped any interest a long time ago.
Think if heā€™s only on loan and doesnā€™t work out for us or him. Our liabilities will be limited financially.
I think if heā€™s up for it at Southend, we could have a very good talent at this level of footy.
I donā€™t understand the posting about his age, surely some more experience is needed in the side to give it a better balance. And a few posters questioning his attitude, donā€™t think the Oā€™s forum is really the place to go for a players reference.
Iā€™m sure Kev and co would have done their homework on the player.
So if it happens, itā€™s šŸ‘from me.

Back